+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
ingegarcia,

401K is ACCEPTABLE. It is even acceptable that the value of your property. Sometimes it is hard for them to establish any loans on the house.

I was asked 2 weeks ago to submit proof of fund again even though I put in my house valuation and loan balance. the difference is my home equity but they still ask for statement of funds.

I sent them my 401K, house valuation and deposit accounts. My friend used a print out from the 401k.com and it was accepted.

olu

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
olusolalekan said:
ingegarcia,

401K is ACCEPTABLE. It is even acceptable that the value of your property. Sometimes it is hard for them to establish any loans on the house.

I was asked 2 weeks ago to submit proof of fund again even though I put in my house valuation and loan balance. the difference is my home equity but they still ask for statement of funds.

I sent them my 401K, house valuation and deposit accounts. My friend used a print out from the 401k.com and it was accepted.

olu
Olu,
I am planing to give my home valuation. I have no loans. But how to prove that I don't have loan if they ask?
Also, Kangster mentioned that for PNP proof of funds is not necessary. I am visiting my country in Jan end and selling my house. If I bring in that money, do they need to see the deposits for a certain amount of time? I am just lost on this.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Thank you olusolalekan!!, that's a great news... BTW did you continue with the AINP process or with the FSW?

olusolalekan said:
ingegarcia,

olu

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
OLUSOLALEKAN

YOU ARE THE MAN.I AM RIGHT BEHIND YOU MY BROTHER.PLEASE HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR THEM TO GET BACK TO U AFTER U SUBMMITED YOUR PROVICIAL NOMINEE CERTIFICATE? DID YOU WITHDRAW YOUR FEDERAL HAVE THEY SEND BACK THE old APPLICATION AND THE FEE YET?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Thank you olusolalekan!!, that's a great news... BTW did you continue AINP or are you in federal?

olusolalekan said:
ingegarcia,

olu

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi All,
FYI I sent an email to buffalo asking if they transfer the case to another visa office...... Here is their reply.......

Visa offices are not required to transfer applications upon the request of an applicant or their designated representative, but will transfer files only if that transfer would enhance program integrity. You have the option of withdrawing your application at our office and re-applying for a permanent resident visa to a visa office where you have been lawfully admitted for at least one year or to the visa office that is responsible for your country of nationality.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
I am still waiting for my PnP certificate. I have not yet withdrawn my FSW because doing that without a PnP nomination in hand will be foolish.

My FSW has been transferred to Detroit and Detroit has completed my IS subject to the statement of funds they requested. they only issue is I do not have the medical and FULL IA yet. usually Detroit sends the IA and medicals requests a couple of weeks after you send them the item delaying your IA.

The letter from them reads....we have now completed your IA but needs the following document to proceed with your application...blah blah....they gave me 60 days to submit the statement of fund but it is already with them as at this morning (fedex tracking).

If I get the medical request in 2 weeks and the request for RPRF, I will forget about the PnP because it takes the same time to get the PR from that stage. CIC stage of PnP takes 4 months on the average and IA to PR on the FSW route takes 4 months on the average too.

Note - You will only get your fees back if you withdraw the application before IA.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
ingegarcia,

I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO BUFFALO. The rule is that you must have the required status as at the point in time that you are applying. Do not take the risk of applying at those other offices with long queue!

Your friends in the US can help with the communications/letters even if you were fired and had to relocate.

That is the rule per Alberta Immigration office.

olu

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
HOUSE WITHOUT LOAN AS A PROOF OF FUNDS.

To prove that you do not have any loan against your interest in your house, you need a lawyer to give a representation that he has done a title search and that there are no lien against your interest in the house. If there are any lien(loans), then he will state the amount. The difference between all lien(which is zero if you have no loan) and the current value is your unencumbered fund in the property. same for land.

I did not include a lawyer representation because the deposit account I have and my 401K is good enough. The house thing was just a buffer.

olu

apply2can

Nov 16, 2008
I know this thread is for CIC process. But you guys will be in better position to answer my question. I already got invitation package and is in the process of mailing supporting documents. Need inputs from people who have already received their nomination from alberta.

The invitation package has the following requirement:

A job description from your current employer in the United States, indicating the job title, the main duties of the job, education and work experience necessary to do the job.

Is this letter any different from a standard experience letter. Because there is another requirement of "Proof of employment from your current employer".

How are these 2 any different. Any idea?

Thanks

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
olusolalekan said:
HOUSE WITHOUT LOAN AS A PROOF OF FUNDS.
I have already received the invitation to apply, but I am not sure what fund you guys are talking about. How much money do I need have? We are four people family(husband, wife and 2 kids). In fact one of the forms asks how much money I am going to transfer to Alberta or similar to that. How much am I supposed to say/write? What is the minimum?

Thanks.

C

cchabert

Check this link, it will give the info about he funds:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

I'm in the same boat, I need $20,000 (Wife and 2 girls)

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. I appreciate that. I was going to write $40K on that form and was not sure if that is going to meet their minimum. Looks like I am going to be ok.

But is there any reason I should write less amount like just $20K or $25K?

cchabert said:
Check this link, it will give the info about he funds:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

I'm in the same boat, I need $20,000 (Wife and 2 girls)

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
nix1,

The more the better. They need assurance that you will not ask for help when you land. Put the exact amount you have evidence for because they will ask for the statement of fund once you apply to cic after getting nominated by Alberta. Note that they will not ask for statement of fund for now but you will need that once you apply to CIC.

olu

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
apply2can,

the fact you have a job is not the same thing as evidnce of the nature of what you do. That's the difference between proof of employment and proof of job duties/function. I work with company X, does that give you a clue whether I am a cleaner or computer controls designer?

Pay stubs, employment contracts and W2/tax documents will prove employment. Job description will prove nature of job. If you have a copy of the docs used to file for your H1, one of the forms/docs have a description of the work you do. If you don't have that, have your supervisor sign-off a job description on your employer letter-head. tell him you are JUST visiting canada.

olu