+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Agent suggesting to purposefully get a visa rejection for full tuition fee and GIC refund

siddubuoy

Apr 13, 2024
Greetings!

I have an admission to a Canadian college, and I've already paid my fees and GIC. My intake starts in September, and I haven't applied for the visa yet. But due to some unforeseen circumstances and new government policies, I'm opting to drop the entire plan.

But the thing is, since I've already paid my tuition fee, the only way I can get a full refund is by either getting a visa refusal or due to unforeseen circumstances (health issues, the deaths of family members, etc.). If I try to normally withdraw my admission, they will cut anywhere from 1000-2900 CAD which is a lot of money for someone like me. My agent is suggesting getting a visa refusal. She didn't suggest anything illegal. She said to just not submit a few of the important documents, like grade sheets, etc.

Even though this method sounds safe, I want to know if it has any ramifications for my future visa applications. Especially PR applications, because I do plan to apply for PR in the upcoming years.

PS: Guys please don't scrutinize me. It's a very cliche thing to say but I genuinely don't intend to do anything illegal. I'm just worried about losing my money. I have no intention of committing fraud.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Greetings!

I have an admission to a Canadian college, and I've already paid my fees and GIC. My intake starts in September, and I haven't applied for the visa yet. But due to some unforeseen circumstances and new government policies, I'm opting to drop the entire plan.

But the thing is, since I've already paid my tuition fee, the only way I can get a full refund is by either getting a visa refusal or due to unforeseen circumstances (health issues, the deaths of family members, etc.). If I try to normally withdraw my admission, they will cut anywhere from 1000-2900 CAD which is a lot of money for someone like me. My agent is suggesting getting a visa refusal. She didn't suggest anything illegal. She said to just not submit a few of the important documents, like grade sheets, etc.

Even though this method sounds safe, I want to know if it has any ramifications for my future visa applications. Especially PR applications, because I do plan to apply for PR in the upcoming years.

PS: Guys please don't scrutinize me. It's a very cliche thing to say but I genuinely don't intend to do anything illegal. I'm just worried about losing my money. I have no intention of committing fraud.
There's no impact for PR but this could impact your ability to get a work permit or study permit to Canada in the future. You will also need to declare this refusal on applications to other countries.

siddubuoy

Apr 13, 2024
There's no impact for PR but this could impact your ability to get a work permit or study permit to Canada in the future. You will also need to declare this refusal on applications to other countries.
Ahh okay. Thanks for replying. If I may ask, how will it impact my ability to get a work permit or study visa? I just wanted to ask because I see a lot of people get their student visas rejected and then apply again in future and manage to get them.

Also, what case does the visa refusal come under if we dont send in a few documents? I saw that giving false documents comes under misrepresentation but I don't think missing documents comes under that. Can you please enlighten me?

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ahh okay. Thanks for replying. If I may ask, how will it impact my ability to get a work permit or study visa? I just wanted to ask because I see a lot of people get their student visas rejected and then apply again in future and manage to get them.

Also, what case does the visa refusal come under if we dont send in a few documents? I saw that giving false documents comes under misrepresentation but I don't think missing documents comes under that. Can you please enlighten me?

Thanks!
It may impact future study permits or work permits. You have to declare all previous refusals in your application and this can impact the chances of a future temporary visa approval. Also keep in mind that the information you put in this application is stored in IRCCs systems and can be referenced in the future. So you want to consider that and certainly avoid any misrepresentation.

False documents can result in misrepresentation. Missing documents should not.

Reactions: siddubuoy

siddubuoy

Apr 13, 2024
It may impact future study permits or work permits. You have to declare all previous refusals in your application and this can impact the chances of a future temporary visa approval. Also keep in mind that the information you put in this application is stored in IRCCs systems and can be referenced in the future. So you want to consider that and certainly avoid any misrepresentation.

False documents can result in misrepresentation. Missing documents should not.
Ahh okay. So getting a visa refusal because of missing documents wont seem as a criminal or fraudulent action right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What is your school’s refund policy? How much is non refundable anyways? Just asking because if you still need to pay for study permit, biometrics, IELTS, ECA and possibly medical then why not just withdraw. If you didn’t apply then you don’t have to pay your consultant so how much are you then paying versus just withdrawing.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ahh okay. So getting a visa refusal because of missing documents wont seem as a criminal or fraudulent action right?
It's not criminal. I can't answer whether IRCC may perceive something as misrepresented. I'm not handling your file and don't know the details so not comfortable commenting on that.

siddubuoy

Apr 13, 2024
What is your school’s refund policy? How much is non refundable anyways? Just asking because if you still need to pay for study permit, biometrics, IELTS, ECA and possibly medical then why not just withdraw. If you didn’t apply then you don’t have to pay your consultant so how much are you then paying versus just withdrawing.
so according to my college's refund policy, I can lose anywhere from 1000 to 2900 CAD if I withdraw my admission. Full refund is only possible in case of visa refusals and unforeseen circumstances. the other processes you mentioned dont cost that much when compared to the money that I can lose when I withdraw my admission.

Also, even the bank's that I paid my GIC in make it hard to refund money unless it's a case of visa refusal.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
so according to my college's refund policy, I can lose anywhere from 1000 to 2900 CAD if I withdraw my admission. Full refund is only possible in case of visa refusals and unforeseen circumstances. the other processes you mentioned dont cost that much when compared to the money that I can lose when I withdraw my admission.

Also, even the bank's that I paid my GIC in make it hard to refund money unless it's a case of visa refusal.
Ok.As long as you aren’t paying your agent much. Hopefully you get a refusal.

siddubuoy

Apr 13, 2024
It's not criminal. I can't answer whether IRCC may perceive something as misrepresented. I'm not handling your file and don't know the details so not comfortable commenting on that.
ahh my bad. thanks for responding anyways!
Ok.As long as you aren’t paying your agent much. Hopefully you get a refusal.
i actually don't have to pay the agent anything. so i'm fine regarding that. but I'm just worried whether this refusal might come under some sort of fraud activity and I'm worried if it will have any negative repercussions on my future student visa or work visa or Pr applications.

thanks!