Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
hi dear friends I need to know what’s next step after medical examination ? Can I apply for work permit?

Yelsew

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
London, ON
hi dear friends I need to know what’s next step after medical examination ? Can I apply for work permit?
Yes, you may apply for an open work permit, as long as you are not from a 'designated country of origin' (see link) who has been in Canada for less than six months.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/claim-protection-inside-canada/apply/designated-countries-policy.html

Here is the instruction guide for the work permit application. The processing fee is waived for refugee claimants. Please carefully review the document checklist.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html

seantimba

Dec 3, 2017
l completed my medicals on the 22 March 2019 as a refugee claimant, and today l phoned the immigration call center and they received my medicals on the 29th March and according to the call center rep she said l should expect my work permit within 2 weeks or 30 days after they receive medicals.
Remember the work permit application starts automatically after you submit medicals thats if you checked work permit in Schedule 12.

Dreamer1212

Feb 5, 2019
l completed my medicals on the 22 March 2019 as a refugee claimant, and today l phoned the immigration call center and they received my medicals on the 29th March and according to the call center rep she said l should expect my work permit within 2 weeks or 30 days after they receive medicals.
Remember the work permit application starts automatically after you submit medicals thats if you checked work permit in Schedule 12.
I don't think this is right. You need to apply for Work permit by yourself and then when you get the permit you need to go to Service Canada Personally with the work permit and the brown ID and apply for SIN. Good Luck
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/apply-work-permit-outside-canada.html

Reactions: Moe_C

seantimba

Dec 3, 2017
Reactions: Dreamer1212

seantimba

Dec 3, 2017
Sorry, I mean for the work permit you need to apply and fill a form to get it and it's not that you gonna get it automatically after you submit the medical test.
No for the refugee claimant you have an option on schedule 12 if you want a work permit or study permit, once you select your option the work permit application will be automatically generated once cic receive your medicals.

Dreamer1212

Feb 5, 2019
No for the refugee claimant you have an option on schedule 12 if you want a work permit or study permit, once you select your option the work permit application will be automatically generated once cic receive your medicals.
I was referring to refugee claimant too, but this is new. it wasn't like this before. They make it easier. My apologies, I did not know that they change it

Moe_C

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
I agree with@Dreamer1212. He should apply for the work permit. I waited for it and when I called the IRCC the agent told me to apply. You can find more examples here.

Reactions: Dreamer1212

seantimba

Dec 3, 2017
I agree with@Dreamer1212. He should apply for the work permit. I waited for it and when I called the IRCC the agent told me to apply. You can find more examples here.
l heard that was happening thats why l phoned them first than having to wait for 2 months and they did say the work permit application has already been generated and l must wait for 30 days to receive it in the mail.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.