+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accelerated Tech Pathway - Chances to be nominated

Maddygio96

Apr 20, 2018
Toronto
Hi guys,

It's my first post and I’d like to ask you if I might have a chance to be nominated through the accelerated tech pathway.

I’m currently looking for a job offer to increase my chances. I’m a CEC candidate with 386 points, primary occupation 5241, with 1 year of Canadian Experience, and graduated from a Canadian Institution as well.

Any hints would be welcomed.

Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys,

It's my first post and I’d like to ask you if I might have a chance to be nominated through the accelerated tech pathway.

I’m currently looking for a job offer to increase my chances. I’m a CEC candidate with 386 points, primary occupation 5241, with 1 year of Canadian Experience, and graduated from a Canadian Institution as well.

Any hints would be welcomed.

Thank you.
If you are working in Alberta or have a full time job offer then yes, you have a chance.

https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-alberta-express-entry-stream-eligibility.aspx#jumplinks-2

Reactions: Maddygio96

Maddygio96

Apr 20, 2018
Toronto
Thanks so much for your reply. So much appreciated. In fact, I’ve already started looking for a job offer there. I’m currently based in Toronto, so I thought to indicate Alberta as a province of interest because of my NOC code. Is it too minimal to just be a graduate from Canada to be nominated right? Apart from my noc, express entry score, etc?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks so much for your reply. So much appreciated. In fact, I’ve already started looking for a job offer there. I’m currently based in Toronto, so I thought to indicate Alberta as a province of interest because of my NOC code. Is it too minimal to just be a graduate from Canada to be nominated right? Apart from my noc, express entry score, etc?
You asked about the accelerated pathway where you need to be working in the province or have a job offer. As for the EE stream, it is based on NOC selected and CRS score. There is more weight if work in Alberta, have family, know French etc.

Reactions: Maddygio96

Maddygio96

Apr 20, 2018
Toronto
Thank you again for your reply. Yes, I’m pretty aware of it. Although it states “Meeting one or more of the following adaptability factors may also increase your likelihood of receiving a Notification of Interest letter:

• you have an Alberta job offer
  • you are a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary institution
It would be still valuable to have a job offer.

ishmeetsingh

Dec 16, 2019
Hi, I want to apply for the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program - Accelerated Tech Pathway. I work at the University of Calgary in research. I am just wondering if I qualify under the Alberta tech industry, NAICS code (for eg, 5417) as I am a university employee.

pkumar42

Dec 10, 2020
Hello There,

I looked into Alberta ATP site to find about the employer eligibility and the below is mentioned:-

1. The employer should be able to give full time job offer for certain job codes and minimum wages;
2. The employer should fall in one of the listed NAICS Industry codes.

My question is, apart from the above conditions, do employer need to register / enlist itself in this program somewhere to be eligible? If yes then any further info on how and where to register?

Thanks

shreyash12

Jun 29, 2017
Hello Experts,

I am using this forum for my query as well. Apologies if I am not doing it correct.
I am working with an Alberta based employer who's primary occupation doesn't fall under Technology Consulting. My company does offer technical consulting services to it's client and my NOC as per job responsibilities is 20012 (Manager in Computer System Design). As per the eligible list of NAICS code, mine should come as 5415 but my firm says their primary offering is not into Technology and hence 5415 is not eligible.

I want to apply through Accelerated Tech Pathway as my current work profile does support NAICS 5415. I am not sure how to overcome this situation. Please help.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Hello Experts,

I am using this forum for my query as well. Apologies if I am not doing it correct.
I am working with an Alberta based employer who's primary occupation doesn't fall under Technology Consulting. My company does offer technical consulting services to it's client and my NOC as per job responsibilities is 20012 (Manager in Computer System Design). As per the eligible list of NAICS code, mine should come as 5415 but my firm says their primary offering is not into Technology and hence 5415 is not eligible.

I want to apply through Accelerated Tech Pathway as my current work profile does support NAICS 5415. I am not sure how to overcome this situation. Please help.
What what is your company’s primary offering?
It can be any of the eligible NAICS codes, and not necessarily 5415.