+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2022 PR application timeline

vagrant21

Mar 29, 2024
Hello everyone. Here's my timeline so far:
  • Applied in April 8, 2022 online from Quebec.
  • AOR: April 26, 2022.
  • Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Medical results:
  • Background check: Not applicable.
  • Final decision: Your application is in progress.
I also applied for GCMS Notes in January 9, 2024 and received them in February 6, 2024.

ASSESSMENTS
  • Eligibility: In Progress
  • Security: Not Started
  • Criminality: In Progress
  • Org Crime:
  • Medical: Passed - Expired
  • Misrepresentation:
  • Info Sharing: In Progress
  • Other Reqs:
  • Final:

I did call the IRCC multiple times but was told everything looks fine and that I have to wait.

Ibooo

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
Hello everyone. Here's my timeline so far:
  • Applied in April 8, 2022 online from Quebec.
  • AOR: April 26, 2022.
  • Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Medical results:
  • Background check: Not applicable.
  • Final decision: Your application is in progress.
I also applied for GCMS Notes in January 9, 2024 and received them in February 6, 2024.

ASSESSMENTS
  • Eligibility: In Progress
  • Security: Not Started
  • Criminality: In Progress
  • Org Crime:
  • Medical: Passed - Expired
  • Misrepresentation:
  • Info Sharing: In Progress
  • Other Reqs:
  • Final:

I did call the IRCC multiple times but was told everything looks fine and that I have to wait.
Applied on may 2022 same as you .

vagrant21

Mar 29, 2024
Applied on may 2022 same as you .
Yeah it's super frustrating knowing that not a single step is completed even after 2 years have passed. There isn't much transparency or communication about what's going on exactly and why it's taking so long to process my application.

Reactions: himankkohli6

Ibooo

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
Yeah it's super frustrating knowing that not a single step is completed even after 2 years have passed. There isn't much transparency or communication about what's going on exactly and why it's taking so long to process my application.
In my opinion, it all depends on the officer working on your file

Reactions: winterangel2022

winterangel2022

Mar 18, 2023
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Missisauga
App. Filed.......
21-09-2022
In my opinion, it all depends on the officer working on your file
I definitely think this has something to do with it coupled with other factors of course. I only have security and info sharing left to be completed for me to receive first portal. Info sharing has been ready to review since June 2023 and the officer has not reviewed it yet..I don’t know what they are waiting for. I saw one post on this website saying that security takes a month to be completed.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

vagrant21

Mar 29, 2024
If it's true then why would Quebec accept them, give them CSQs, tax them, etc. in the first place if they are going to throttle and delay their PRs for long periods of time afterwards?! Aren't these protected persons already counted as part of the province's population at this point? I can't think of any reason other than being malicious and evil if that turned out to be the case.

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
Hi, I applied PR for a family member in May 2022 and in October 2023 received the first letter and today received an email for PR confirmation Portal asking for personal information to create the portal.

Hopefully the 2022 applicants get their PRs completed within the processing time.

I have sent the details in email, anyone else have recently received the same email, wanted to check how long they will take to create the user in Portal or is there anything else needs to be done?
Can you please share brief timeline for your family member PR application? and Any updates.

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
Hello guys. This is the only information I have on my application. No response yet. I called IRCC and they said everything looks great we don't need anything from you just wait. I'm now getting so frustrated
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 22, 2022.
  2. We started processing your application on January 4, 2023.
  3. Medical results have been received
I put in a web form and this is what they said

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons
class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as
a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements
for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and
background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent
resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
Any updates?

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
PR Application Timeline:

Submit PR application: May 2022 In-Canada with spouse
Issuing Office: Etobicoke
AOR: June 2022
Pre-arrival letter: Oct -2023
Eligibility letter: Oct -2023
First portal email: Mar 21-2024
Second portal email: Mar 27-2024
ECOPR: April 3-2024
PR card: Waiting

GOOD LUCK everyone for those waiting!

exact

Oct 29, 2023
PR Application Timeline:

Submit PR application: May 2022 In-Canada with spouse
Issuing Office: Etobicoke
AOR: June 2022
Pre-arrival letter: Oct -2023
Eligibility letter: Oct -2023
First portal email: Mar 21-2024
Second portal email: Mar 27-2024
ECOPR: April 3-2024
PR card: Waiting

GOOD LUCK everyone for those waiting!
Same timeline with me.

winterangel2022

Mar 18, 2023
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Missisauga
App. Filed.......
21-09-2022
Does IRCC send out first portal emails based on the date you submitted your application or the date you received your pal and eligibility letter?

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
Hi, experts please reply....

I have submitted my PR application for me and my family on 30-May-2022 as protected person. At that time, only I have my notice of Decision and my family got their Decision on 1st September 2022.

Do I have to re-apply PR application for my family based on the Decision. As I already paid their PR fee along with my application.
Can you please share your timeline and Updates? Thank you.

vagrant21

Mar 29, 2024
Processing time was yet again extended. It is 29 months now. It feels like I'll never be able to catch up with it so I could contact the IRCC and ask about my application without getting told to wait for the processing deadline to pass first.