+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2022 PR application timeline

alidw

Aug 28, 2022
March, 2022 applicant. Eligibility still pending. Location in Quebec.

IRCC agents are useless. Anyone can recommend a lawyer for writ of mandamus?

Reactions: himankkohli6

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You are within processing times compared to others currently applying for PR with a similar profile so applying for a writ may not have any impact. What county are you from? Are your background checks still being processed or have any been completed?

ref19to22

May 18, 2022

In case you have not already I would pressure them with ATIP requests, calls/webforms to IRCC and approaching your MP to advocate for you until you can take them to court basically.

alidw

Aug 28, 2022
In case you have not already I would pressure them with ATIP requests, calls/webforms to IRCC and approaching your MP to advocate for you until you can take them to court basically.
Agents are useless, ATIP notes say "application is in que", and my MP told me it was my choice to come to Canada and i should be grateful to be here... (I paid 50k in taxes this year alone) :D

I'm suing them for their incompetence.

Reactions: ref19to22

beekaydue

Dec 13, 2022
hello
Any idea how long security takes? What does it entail? When do they begin the security assessment?
my file has not been touched since eligibility in October 2023, according to the agent I spoke to today.( He said the last update was eligibility passed and security not started)

winterangel2022

Mar 18, 2023
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Missisauga
App. Filed.......
21-09-2022
hello
Any idea how long security takes? What does it entail? When do they begin the security assessment?
my file has not been touched since eligibility in October 2023, according to the agent I spoke to today.( He said the last update was eligibility passed and security not started)
It’s the same situation for me..received eligibility letter November 2023 and no further action taken on my file..I just requested another gcms notes to see if it will print some action from the case officer

Reactions: beekaydue

beekaydue

Dec 13, 2022
It’s the same situation for me..received eligibility letter November 2023 and no further action taken on my file..I just requested another gcms notes to see if it will print some action from the case officer
Wheew, I applied in June same boat. Processing times keep increasing and increasing

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023

Hey bro please share your complete timeline it think the main problem in your application is quebec as people in quebec are getting pr very late as compared to other province

Ibooo

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
I received this letter today is that a good sign?
A refund in the amount of $85 has been initiated. If you paid by credit card, it will be credited back to
your credit card account. Otherwise, a cheque will be mailed to you at the address indicated above in
approximately six weeks to eight weeks.

Syrian36

Star Member
Jan 17, 2024
A refund in the amount of $85 has been initiated. If you paid by credit card, it will be credited back to
your credit card account. Otherwise, a cheque will be mailed to you at the address indicated above in
What is your application type?

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I applied PR for a family member in May 2022 and in October 2023 received the first letter and today received an email for PR confirmation Portal asking for personal information to create the portal.

Hopefully the 2022 applicants get their PRs completed within the processing time.

I have sent the details in email, anyone else have recently received the same email, wanted to check how long they will take to create the user in Portal or is there anything else needs to be done?

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
it is normal stuff I was thinking the same as I got the fee back I got eligibility and pre-arrival as well lol but after nothing since November 2 times gcms applied nothing changed so it is all normal they are touching files when the time comes other than that no matter file is 100% ready they arent moving it..

Ibooo

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
it is normal stuff I was thinking the same as I got the fee back I got eligibility and pre-arrival as well lol but after nothing since November 2 times gcms applied nothing changed so it is all normal they are touching files when the time comes other than that no matter file is 100% ready they arent moving it..
I applied on may 2022 still no eligibility and no pre arrival .
After how many days did you receive them after you got the msg of refund?

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
I applied on may 2022 still no eligibility and no pre arrival .
After how many days did you receive them after you got the msg of refund?
I also received refund of $170 which I paid for biometrics (protected person don't need to pay for biometrics), 6 months before and it is called eligibility passed letter. You may receive Pre arrival in next day like me, if not go on your application status checker or gckey there will be pdf file below in messages received

Reactions: Ibooo and zak86