+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 Parent sponsorship application documents

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
viviancheong said:
I am confused! Have been spending the whole day calling the IRCC call center but could not get through. Anyone know any email address we can write to? I do not want to submit an application that will be refused later and waste my chance next year, if I am short of certain amount, is there anyway to overcome it as I do not want to waste the lottery ticket
Why are you still confused? It is clear like black and white that you are not qualified. You do not meet Canadian income in 2014 and therefore this year you are not eligible. Please do not waste your time, just write to IRCC and tell them you want to withdraw from this year lottery as you are not aware of eligibility requirements when you entered the draw

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
viviancheong said:
I am confused! Have been spending the whole day calling the IRCC call center but could not get through. Anyone know any email address we can write to? I do not want to submit an application that will be refused later and waste my chance next year, if I am short of certain amount, is there anyway to overcome it as I do not want to waste the lottery ticket
The lottery ticket is very valuable. Do not waste it. Put in the application. If they reject then go to your MP to ask for help.

You have already passed the most difficult step which is to win the lottery!!!!

I can guarantee you that next year the number joining the lottery will be in the millions. Now that all Canadians know that it is this system they will all throw their hats in to rob all spots. it is free and there is no screening and no penalty for doing it for fun. Canadians DO NOT want PGP. They say it is a drain on the tax dollars to provide healthcare to old folk who have not contributed to Canada.

Next year will be selected 10,000 out of over 3 million (10% of population). My whole family will enter the lottery every single year.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
nayr69sg said:
The lottery ticket is very valuable. Do not waste it. Put in the application. If they reject then go to your MP to ask for help.

You have already passed the most difficult step which is to win the lottery!!!!

I can guarantee you that next year the number joining the lottery will be in the millions. Now that all Canadians know that it is this system they will all throw their hats in to rob all spots. it is free and there is no screening and no penalty for doing it for fun. Canadians DO NOT want PGP. They say it is a drain on the tax dollars to provide healthcare to old folk who have not contributed to Canada.

Next year will be selected 10,000 out of over 3 million (10% of population).
Just stop. You have no idea what you are talking about.

OP doesn't qualify to sponsor and an MP can't overrule the law. They would just be wasting their time and money. OP would be found ineligible, most likely after the 2018 draw, which means that they would have lost the chance to apply in 2018.

There will not be millions of entries next year.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
viviancheong said:
Why are you confused? Calling the call centre is completely pointless as they give out wrong info all the time. The person you talk to may very well tell you that you qualify with non-Canadian income (which of course would be completely wrong).

No matter what the call centre tells you, if you submit an app you WILL be rejected in 2-3 years time. A visa officer will not care whatsoever what some random call centre agent told you.

The link and info I posted above, is as clear as it can possibly be. Incomes earned while not living in Canada does not count to LICO qualifying.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leave OP alone, this person clearly doesn't want to hear any other answer than "yes you are qualified"
Instruction asks for NOA/Option C, ONLY. nothing else. not how much money you have in your bank, not how many gold bars you have in your safe.
Your 2014 NOA/Option C says $12,780. Are you qualified? You decide.

FYI
Immigration officers do not make their own judgments. They strictly follow guidelines and requirements stated in the forms.

viviancheong

Apr 27, 2017
After checking all the requirements and confirmation from IRCC, unfortunately I do not meet income requirements :( :( :(, I have told the call center to withdraw and she advise that I can try again in 2 years time, sorry if I have taken a spot of someone, not my intention at all!

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
viviancheong said:
After checking all the requirements and confirmation from IRCC, unfortunately I do not meet income requirements :( :( :(, I have told the call center to withdraw and she advise that I can try again in 2 years time, sorry if I have taken a spot of someone, not my intention at all!
So if you were selected, regardless whether you submitted an application or not, you will not be allowed to take part in the lottery for the next 2 years?

BeeA

Apr 26, 2017
viviancheong said:
5.31. Exceptions to Canadian income rule
The exceptions to the Canadian income rule are as follows:
• sponsors who commute from Canada to work in the U.S.A. can use their U.S.
employment income provided it is declared as income on their Canadian income
tax return;
sponsors living in Canada who declare income from foreign sources on their
Canadian tax returns, can use this foreign income to meet the financial
requirements for sponsorship.

Would the second exception not apply in her case? She already declared foreign income on her tax return.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
BeeA said:
tax return;

Would the second exception not apply in her case? She already declared foreign income on her tax return.
looks good to me

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
viviancheong said:
If you meet LICO for 2015, 2016 and 2017, you will be able to apply for the 2018 draw.

BeeA said:
tax return;

No, as that exception is referring to foreign income earned while actually living in Canada. OP earned the income before moving to Canada.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
viviancheong said:
Actually I don't really blame anyone that didn't know this rule when applying. The Canadian income rule is NOT stated in the actual PGP guide, and to find out about it you need to dig through the OP manuals (that I posted to above).

IRCC should really state this clearer in the guide so everyone can easily see the complete rules when applying.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
canuck_in_uk said:
If you meet LICO for 2015, 2016 and 2017, you will be able to apply for the 2018 draw.
I wouldn't count on it. Cutting the 2013 requirement this year and allowing 2016 income, was possibly just done since IRCC delayed so long in doing the lottery so tax returns would be ready for everyone.

In 2018 if they do the lottery in January and do a quick draw in February, there's a good chance they will again require 2014, 2015 and 2016 incomes for 2018 PGP.

jeffporfirio2

Apr 11, 2017
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And dont be like some people here who mistakenly believe they can convince CIC to reconsider their app despite not being eligible. Dont take someone else's spot
She already took someone else's spot.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
As stated above, your income must come from Canadian Sources in order to qualify for the financial requirements. You must meet the LICO + 30% requirement first. So your lottery ticket is wasted for this year.