+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 APPLICANTS - NOVA SCOTIA NOMINEE PROGRAM(WITHOUT JOB OFFER)

tri-junction

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th May'14
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
30th Aug'14 (PER)
Med's Request
21st Oct'14
Med's Done....
15th Nov'14
Passport Req..
DM on 21st Feb15
Hi guys, lests steer away from this thread polarization.. I am curious to know how many of us have sent their applciations to both NS and FSW..

I have applied for both. Many must have done the same too.. I am sure majority of us here wants to go to Canada.. we used NS route because they have shown the way first. now that FSW has also opened a gate, we are looking at it too..

I wonder if there is anybody over here who is hellbent on going only to NS and nothing else.. so nothing wrong in discussing about FSW over here, when it is in this context.

gesti_7

May 14, 2014
hi tri-junction,

I don't know if you have done the right thing when applying to both because i contacted the NSOI before applying to the FSW and below is their response after asking them if i could apply to FSW or not.

"You need to let us know as well as you have to indicate to CIC. We only have 150 nominations that we can use to meet Nova Scotia’s labour market need. If you are not truly interested in Nova Scotia but Canada then it is advised that you withdraw your application from Nova Scotia and go the Federal Skilled Worker route."

Anyways, i hope that this isn't mandatory and maybe they assess your application either in FSW or NSNP (or in both of them :) ).

Wish you good luck with your applications and possibly e permanent resident within the year. :D

sshehab

Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gesti_7 said:
hi tri-junction,

I don't know if you have done the right thing when applying to both because i contacted the NSOI before applying to the FSW and below is their response after asking them if i could apply to FSW or not.

"You need to let us know as well as you have to indicate to CIC. We only have 150 nominations that we can use to meet Nova Scotia's labour market need. If you are not truly interested in Nova Scotia but Canada then it is advised that you withdraw your application from Nova Scotia and go the Federal Skilled Worker route."

Anyways, i hope that this isn't mandatory and maybe they assess your application either in FSW or NSNP (or in both of them :) ).

Wish you good luck with your applications and possibly e permanent resident within the year. :D
i know what is mandatory is the following : in case you would be nominated by NS and in the same time you have applied for FSW , in this case you need to withdraw the FSW application to process your NS nomination , but the other case i don't know anything about it .. by the way i'm assuming that they are doing this to give a real chance for those who really what to settle and live in NS , not just using them as a way to get the PR.

tri-junction

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th May'14
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
30th Aug'14 (PER)
Med's Request
21st Oct'14
Med's Done....
15th Nov'14
Passport Req..
DM on 21st Feb15
i think i will withdraw my application from FSW if I am one of the 150 lucky guys. However as NS nomination is valid for 6 months, I think we will have enough time to think and take a decision.

Managing plenty is better than not having anything to manage!

nex10

Apr 16, 2014
Senwork07 said:
@ nex10- 263 page is not a matter. But what information shared is the matter. I also respect this thread for the most valuable information shared in the starting. But you check last ten page it will be only abt FSW. If you discuss abt other topics in this thread it will go more than 1000 pages also. But we need to share valuable information for NSNP. I agree we didnt get response from Nova Scotia immigration office, need to wait for it but should not put the thread is abandon and to start the discussion on topics in this thread.
Oh my god!

The Creator of the 'Latest' nova scotia pnp thread is here.

there are many people out there like me who are not eligible for FSWP and are eagerly waiting for updates from NSOI. Such people keep looking for updates now and then on the forum. However it is now pointless to discuss without having updates and people are tired of speculations, so there are no posts on the thread.

and Yes, I agree that there is a lot of talk about FSWP is going on on this thread which is somewhat not related to the original topic of the thread. and a few members have already requested to stop discussion about fswp on this thread but people won't stop. so let them do it. Don't you have discussion about Manitoba PNP on your 'Latest' thread? what are you going to do about it? Ban them?

People will pour inputs when they will have something solid and this thread is by no means abandoned.

Senwork07

Jan 4, 2014
nex10 said:
Oh my god!

there are many people out there like me who are not eligible for FSWP and are eagerly waiting for updates from NSOI. Such people keep looking for updates now and then on the forum. However it is now pointless to discuss without having updates and people are tired of speculations, so there are no posts on the thread.

and Yes, I agree that there is a lot of talk about FSWP is going on on this thread which is somewhat not related to the original topic of the thread. and a few members have already requested to stop discussion about fswp on this thread but people won't stop. so let them do it. Don't you have discussion about Manitoba PNP on your 'Latest' thread? what are you going to do about it? Ban them?

People will pour inputs when they will have something solid and this thread is by no means abandoned.
Ya I am here. Where were you when other people told that this thread is abandon? If this thread is stopped my thread will be active that is the expectation. I am not against this thread. Stop the people who are against it.

Yes we talk about Manitoba PNP. But hope no body told this thread is banded right .

nex10

Apr 16, 2014
sweetypie2501 said:
I need to update my details in the spreadsheet
can you advice the EDIT URL

here is the link
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15BsRyoQKbbQsbeMCEdj72GUqo5vI-BEd08eZnJmSejo/edit?pli=1#gid=2133364090

don't know about editing.

zyber12

Apr 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney AU
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
IELTS Request
Included in Application
Interview........
Isaiah 41:13
LANDED..........
Matthew 6:33...
gesti_7 said:
hi tri-junction,

"You need to let us know as well as you have to indicate to CIC. We only have 150 nominations that we can use to meet Nova Scotia's labour market need. If you are not truly interested in Nova Scotia but Canada then it is advised that you withdraw your application from Nova Scotia and go the Federal Skilled Worker route."

1000000% disagree, why would you waste your opportunity
In fsw2014 if you are qualified while you don't even have a
Clear direction for this NSPNP.. Why would you wait for unsure
Things... I don't......

nex10

Apr 16, 2014
zyber12 said:
1000000% disagree, why would you waste your opportunity
In fsw2014 if you are qualified while you don't even have a
Clear direction for this NSPNP.. Why would you wait for unsure
Things... I don't......
You are right Zyber.
I also don't think that it's necessary to inform NSOI about application in FSWP. You are just applying at the moment, not getting PR.
And considering no clear guideline, no communication and no progress by NSOI, I don't believe that NSOI should raise objection if someone who has applied for NS RLMD stream, applies for FSWP.

Furthermore, applying for FSWP does not mean you are not interested in Nova Scotia. You should indicate preferred city to live same as you have mentioned in NS PNP application. It will show that you are interested in Nova Scotia! ;D

I also found their reply of the mail ridiculous. If someone asks whether he/she can apply for FSWP, they assumes he/she is not interested in NS PNP.
"If you are not truly interested in Nova Scotia but Canada then it is advised that you withdraw your application from Nova Scotia and go the Federal Skilled Worker route." - I would like to ask them a question, If someone is truly interested in Nova Scotia, are they going to provide nomination for sure, considering only 150 nominations for 3000 applications.

Their reply of mail is an another example of how bad NSOI is.

If I am eligible then I would definitely go for FSWP.

zs2013

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
nex10 said:
Oh my god!

hahah...Creator himself misleads others by putting ban on this thread and creating a "Latest" thread...as i said earlier too because NSIO is not updating applicants status, how can we predict all the times... so people here are inactive. Atleast 3 months and above we have to wait.

zs2013

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
nex10 said:
here is the link
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15BsRyoQKbbQsbeMCEdj72GUqo5vI-BEd08eZnJmSejo/edit?pli=1#gid=2133364090

don't know about editing.
all Credit goes to can2174, he has the authority to edit. just inform him regarding updates....

nsnpmaster

May 14, 2014
Hello everyone! I'm new here. I'm here in Nova Scotia and I think I will go in person to their office. I will ask them if they are opening all packages and how many have been opened so far. Besides that I want to know how many individuals have already been nominated. I'm going right now.

balars4

Feb 25, 2014
nsnpmaster said:
Hello everyone! I'm new here. I'm here in Nova Scotia and I think I will go in person to their office. I will ask them if they are opening all packages and how many have been opened so far. Besides that I want to know how many individuals have already been nominated. I'm going right now.
One or two only got nominated. Pls discuss at NSOI & share info.

nex10

Apr 16, 2014
nsnpmaster said:
That's great buddy! Good Luck with that.

Please share the information you will get.

Thank You!