14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
vinlander said:
There is no update on ECAS or any mail/email to tell when the CSQ is delivered to CIC by MICC.
When you receive your CSQ in the mail you can assume Vegreville also got it but alas no confirmation is sent.

Oh so I don't need to post them one? >.<

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
kidvicious1 said:
Oh so I don't need to post them one? >.<
No need to, MICC is taking care of informing CIC Vegreville.

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
My wife received today her permanent SIN card only 5 working days after we landed...I guess Service Canada are a bit less busy than CIC :p
Good luck for friday Lyn :)

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
vinlander said:
My wife received today her permanent SIN card only 5 working days after we landed...I guess Service Canada are a bit less busy than CIC :p
Good luck for friday Lyn :)
thank you very much vinlander! cant sleep, excited much! will update everyone after the interview :)

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
hi everyone! finally landed! here's my experience,

my husband and I arrived at exactly 8 am, at the entrance, a guard asked our appointment letter, so I showed it then he lead us into the elevator. At the reception, they took my landing letter and asked if I paid already so I said yes, then told us to wait at the waiting area. After about 15 mins, an agent called my name and we followed her to a cubicle. Inside, the agent asked an identification id of my husband (the sponsor, he showed his health card), veryfied his name and everything, and then asked my husband if he is still willing to sponsor me, well obviously my husband said ofcourse. Then, I was asked to provide these documents: passport and my old passport where I had the stamp of my entry in canada, CSQ and the letters that was attached with it, all my immigration permits, the online receipt and my pictures. Basically, the agent just verified if all the infos are correct, and checked the details in the passport, then asked me if I have been convicted/charged of any offense, then if I have dependents/children outside canada (my answer to both was NO)... After that the agent took 1 picture and measure it, returned the other 1. when everything was in order, she handed me a booklet, and told me to read it, then left us for few minutes. When she returned she brought my COPR, there were 2 copies, she checked if all the infos in the Copr are correct and asked me to put initials on the 2 questions I was being asked, then asked me to sign and write the date. She handed me client's copy of COPR and said welcome to canada. Around 8:45, we're out of the building.

During the interview, the agent told me that I have to wait for 8 weeks for my PR card to arrive before i can apply for SIN, but i can renew my health card anytime (which i did right away, went to RAMQ and renewed it, i didn't pay anything since i was told that my current picture will be used for my new card).

Here's the sad part, I went to Service Canada in Jarry hoping that I can get a new SIN (like VINLANDER's wife) since the SIN i have started with 9 and is expired already. Unfortunately, the agent told me that I am missing a stamp on my passport and told me that he can't issue me a SIN unless I have that. He gave me CIC'c number and told me to call and ask. I didn't argue with the agent, since the agent from CIC told me to wait for the PR card, and that's the rule. i just thanked him and said bye :-( I guess I am just not lucky. I will try to go to Decarie next week just to check if Service Canada's systems are all the same.

This SIN rule "thing" drives me nuts. I just cant understand why we need to wait for the PR card, or have a stamp on our passport, etc...

Anyways, I am still happy and thankful that I am PR already. For those who are still waiting for their DM, goodluck, your time will come soon! Just pray and have more patience. God Bless every one and Thank you very much co-inlanders!

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
lyn28 said:
hi everyone! finally landed! here's my experience,

my husband and I arrived at exactly 8 am, at the entrance, a guard asked our appointment letter, so I showed it then he lead us into the elevator. At the reception, they took my landing letter and asked if I paid already so I said yes, then told us to wait at the waiting area. After about 15 mins, an agent called my name and we followed her to a cubicle. Inside, the agent asked an identification id of my husband (the sponsor, he showed his health card), veryfied his name and everything, and then asked my husband if he is still willing to sponsor me, well obviously my husband said ofcourse. Then, I was asked to provide these documents: passport and my old passport where I had the stamp of my entry in canada, CSQ and the letters that was attached with it, all my immigration permits, the online receipt and my pictures. Basically, the agent just verified if all the infos are correct, and checked the details in the passport, then asked me if I have been convicted/charged of any offense, then if I have dependents/children outside canada (my answer to both was NO)... After that the agent took 1 picture and measure it, returned the other 1. when everything was in order, she handed me a booklet, and told me to read it, then left us for few minutes. When she returned she brought my COPR, there were 2 copies, she checked if all the infos in the Copr are correct and asked me to put initials on the 2 questions I was being asked, then asked me to sign and write the date. She handed me client's copy of COPR and said welcome to canada. Around 8:45, we're out of the building.

During the interview, the agent told me that I have to wait for 8 weeks for my PR card to arrive before i can apply for SIN, but i can renew my health card anytime (which i did right away, went to RAMQ and renewed it, i didn't pay anything since i was told that my current picture will be used for my new card).

Here's the sad part, I went to Service Canada in Jarry hoping that I can get a new SIN (like VINLANDER's wife) since the SIN i have started with 9 and is expired already. Unfortunately, the agent told me that I am missing a stamp on my passport and told me that he can't issue me a SIN unless I have that. He gave me CIC'c number and told me to call and ask. I didn't argue with the agent, since the agent from CIC told me to wait for the PR card, and that's the rule. i just thanked him and said bye :-( I guess I am just not lucky. I will try to go to Decarie next week just to check if Service Canada's systems are all the same.

This SIN rule "thing" drives me nuts. I just cant understand why we need to wait for the PR card, or have a stamp on our passport, etc...

Anyways, I am still happy and thankful that I am PR already. For those who are still waiting for their DM, goodluck, your time will come soon! Just pray and have more patience. God Bless every one and Thank you very much co-inlanders!
Congratulations Lyn, we are very happy for you :)
Regarding the SIN I guess we just got lucky, or could that be you are from a non visa exempt country maybe...because that could explain but then I would assume they would have asked that you send your passport before hand...

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
Thank you Vinlander! you're right my home country is not visa exempt, maybe that's why, when i get into the reception at Jarry service canada the lady didn't even asked my passport, i told her i just landed this morning, and showed her my COPR and CSQ, then she told me to wait at the waiting area, when they called my name then the agent refused to issue me SIN because i dont have stamp on my passport. It's oaky for me to wait for the PR card, I am just hoping that Pauline-Julliene will accept me to regiter french class since I have the COPR, I have rendez-vous on tuesday for assessment. :)

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Interesting to read about your landing interviews :) thanks for all the info and glad it went smoothly for you.

I have one more question, I just read on the Quebec website that I can apply for the health insurance with my CSQ? I didn't know this before. Is it true? I just go to the regie de l'assurance maladie?

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
kidvicious1 said:
I have one more question, I just read on the Quebec website that I can apply for the health insurance with my CSQ? I didn't know this before. Is it true? I just go to the regie de l'assurance maladie?
No CSQ alone is not enough, you need AIP (1st stage completed) for RAMQ (Health Card).
What CSQ alone can grant you is access to free sponsored by MICC french courses.

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
kidvicious1 said:
Interesting to read about your landing interviews :) thanks for all the info and glad it went smoothly for you.

Hi, VINLANDER is right, you need CSQ+AIP to be approved for health card. I did try going to RAMQ with just CSQ before and an agent from RAMQ advice me to come back when i receive AIP letter.

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Ohhh ok, I don't think I have AIP yet but I just want to check... It should be the permanent resident bit that changes to say In Process right? And another letter in the post/email?

Sponsored Person Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Residence Application Status
Me :) In Process Application Received

This was the first time I was able to log into their website application check too! Never worked before.......

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
kidvicious1 said:
Ohhh ok, I don't think I have AIP yet but I just want to check... It should be the permanent resident bit that changes to say In Process right? And another letter in the post/email?

Sponsored Person Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Residence Application Status
Me :) In Process Application Received

This was the first time I was able to log into their website application check too! Never worked before.......
When you will get AIP, in the Sponsorship Application section it will change to Decision Made and in Permanent Residence it will turn to In Process

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Hello All,

I got DM at the end of Sep, but until now I am still waiting for the landing interview letter. Since it is more than two months, and some people who got DM later than me and in the same local CIC office has already landed.

Is it sth wrong with my file or anything I can do?

Thank you so much for your comments.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Mingming said:
Hello All,

I got DM at the end of Sep, but until now I am still waiting for the landing interview letter. Since it is more than two months, and some people who got DM later than me and in the same local CIC office has already landed.

Is it sth wrong with my file or anything I can do?

Thank you so much for your comments.
For us in Montreal we got the landing letter about 1 month after DM and we landed 6 weeks after DM.
I think you are landing in Ottawa based on some of your previous posts.
It might be slower there since they close the Buffalo Office for outland application and transfered everything to Ottawa.
But if many people who got DM after you landed in Ottawa then maybe a call to CIC could tell you if everything is "normal". Unfortunately I don't think it is possible to call directly a local Office, you must call CIC general number and crossing your fingers the agent will know what he is talking about. Maybe better to call twice or even three time. Some people gets stupid generic answer from some agents. My guess is that they have a huge backlog at that office at the moment but calling "could" tell you more maybe.
If you got DM on your PR (2nd stage) I would doubt there would be any problem with your file...