+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2012 Quebec Inland Applicants

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
vinlander said:
For us in Montreal we got the landing letter about 1 month after DM and we landed 6 weeks after DM.
I think you are landing in Ottawa based on some of your previous posts.
It might be slower there since they close the Buffalo Office for outland application and transfered everything to Ottawa.
But if many people who got DM after you landed in Ottawa then maybe a call to CIC could tell you if everything is "normal". Unfortunately I don't think it is possible to call directly a local Office, you must call CIC general number and crossing your fingers the agent will know what he is talking about. Maybe better to call twice or even three time. Some people gets stupid generic answer from some agents. My guess is that they have a huge backlog at that office at the moment but calling "could" tell you more maybe.
If you got DM on your PR (2nd stage) I would doubt there would be any problem with your file...
Thanks for your comment and advice. I did call CIC and they said will send a note to CIC Alberta. Not sure it is useful or not?

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Hey everyone! I posted on here a few times about me and my husband having our file transferred to our local CIC (Montreal) before getting AIP. Yesterday I got an email from my consultant that my husband will have an interview on December 17th! :D We were expecting to wait at least 6 months so we're really happy. Has anyone here had a marriage interview and if so what was it like? We'll work on getting together all our photos, letters from friends, my life/ health insurance statements for him etc etc.

The only problem is that our consultant wants us to pay her $1000 before she even lets us see the letter...and she wants it by Tuesday. I work full time but I support both me and my husband, so obviously this will be really difficult. Can she prevent us from going to the interview if we're not able to pay in full by Tuesday the 11th? (Of course I could pay the whole thing with a few weeks notice but this is so soon!

I'm really excited for the interview...my husband will be nervous but from what I've heard if we make it through he'll have AIP soon afterwards

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
tow75 said:
Hey everyone! I posted on here a few times about me and my husband having our file transferred to our local CIC (Montreal) before getting AIP. Yesterday I got an email from my consultant that my husband will have an interview on December 17th! :D We were expecting to wait at least 6 months so we're really happy. Has anyone here had a marriage interview and if so what was it like? We'll work on getting together all our photos, letters from friends, my life/ health insurance statements for him etc etc.

The only problem is that our consultant wants us to pay her $1000 before she even lets us see the letter...and she wants it by Tuesday. I work full time but I support both me and my husband, so obviously this will be really difficult. Can she prevent us from going to the interview if we're not able to pay in full by Tuesday the 11th? (Of course I could pay the whole thing with a few weeks notice but this is so soon!

I'm really excited for the interview...my husband will be nervous but from what I've heard if we make it through he'll have AIP soon afterwards
Congratulations on making that next step.
As far as your consultant, I am not sure that what she is doing is legal.
If I were you, I would call CIC and ask, because she should not hold this over your head. It feels like extorsion to me!

rossal-

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Request
March 2012
Hi Everyone!
Got my AIP yesterday!
They ask me to send the police clearance ( when in the website says they only can ask for that to my home country government) well, I think this can be done "faster" but they also ask me to renew my passport :eek: (will expire in July 2013) this is my big concern, this can take up to 6 months!!!! they only give me 3 or I will lost everything... ??? I don't know what to do, also my husband is working and now I can't think clear, I just freak out!

And for the CSQ, the only ask me to send a letter and my birth certificate so they will have my right name :)

Any advise will be appreciate! ;)

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
tow75 said:

wow! that's a rip off! my view, after your interview, remove that person as your representative, maybe him/her will ask you money again when you get your AIP, or charge you each time you receive good news! I also think that person can't prevent you from going to the interview. Goodluck with your interview, and hope things will be over soon for you :)

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
tow75 said:

Phone up the CIC and tell them that your rep is withholding certain information. Ask for a copy of the letter yourself and remove your rep from your file. Was she a CIC approved rep in the first place? Sounds like it could get very expensive in the long term.

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
The thing is that she's an employee of the consultant himself so she's not licensed in any way. Officially, the consultant is the one representing us, but his employee is the one who's handling our file, filled out our forms, and the one we correspond with. A couple times my husband has just gone to the office and waited there for hours to speak to the consultant while I'm at work, and that's the only way we got some legitimate information.
I know that our final fee is supposed to be $1000 dollars, but neither of us remember signing anything that said we had to pay it before AIP...we were supposed to pay it after my husband gets his "visa".
Whenever I try to schedule an appointment with the consultant, I'm told that the consultant is "so busy" and for an appointment the wait would be a week.

Our interview is next Monday and we can't wait a week!!!! Anyways we know where the interview is, where it is and what time it is, and the last time my husband saw the consultant he got a paper saying what we had to bring to the interview....but I don't know if they need the letter at the interview.

I'll call CIC early tomorrow and ask what to do. I know I can change our mailing address online. And now I know how to make a complaint. This whole thing is making me angry...if they really wanted to get more money they should probably have chosen a couple who actually has money (LOL).

Also, the last time I saw the consultant's employee and I was concerned about how long this whole file transfer would take, she showed me other client's files....is this legal???

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
tow75 said:
I'll call CIC early tomorrow and ask what to do. I know I can change our mailing address online. And now I know how to make a complaint. This whole thing is making me angry...if they really wanted to get more money they should probably have chosen a couple who actually has money (LOL).

Also, the last time I saw the consultant's employee and I was concerned about how long this whole file transfer would take, she showed me other client's files....is this legal???

Sounds pretty dumb. You should probably make an appointment with the consultant anyway, and talk to him after the interview. This woman handling your file sounds a bit iffy. The consultant can probably clear up the $1000 issue and explain what it's for.

Also, pretty sure that is illegal if they let you see any personal info, addresses, names, dates of birth.... data confidentiality and such. Maybe mention that to the consultant too, this woman may not be properly trained.

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
So we went to see the consultant's employee today and saw the letter, but she still wouldn't let us have it without the payment. We have an interview training session with the consultant himself on Thursday though. In the meantime we have a ton of stuff to get ready...they want originals of all my husband's university transcripts, tax statements etc...and the same for me, all of which I don't have but I'll do the best I can. We're going to bring all the stuff we can find...I even printed out all the emails between me and my parents mentioning my husband (what we're doing, them inviting him to stay for holidays) and screen shots of my facebook chat between me and my husband's mom.

I did something stupid the other day which I'm really worried about...I took my passport in to be renewed thinking they could put a rush on it. It will take 2 weeks to be ready and they took my old one. In the letter it said both spouses need passports (valid or expired) and birth certificates....I have the pickup slip for my passport and a photocopy of my birth certificate, but that's it!!! If I had known CIC will accept expired passports I wouldn't have renewed at all but we didn't see the letter till today. Hopefully when we get the letter I can go back to the office and pay for urgent processing...but who knows if they'll accept it!?!?! Both me and my husband will be interviewed and I'm worried they won't accept all my other identification (medicare card, driver's license, SIN card) and turn me away.

Has anyone had experience with this? Time is running out and I'm really worried!! :-X

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
tow75 said:
In the letter it said both spouses need passports (valid or expired) and birth certificates....I have the pickup slip for my passport and a photocopy of my birth certificate, but that's it!!! If I had known CIC will accept expired passports I wouldn't have renewed at all but we didn't see the letter till today. Hopefully when we get the letter I can go back to the office and pay for urgent processing...but who knows if they'll accept it!?!?! Both me and my husband will be interviewed and I'm worried they won't accept all my other identification (medicare card, driver's license, SIN card) and turn me away.

Has anyone had experience with this? Time is running out and I'm really worried!! :-X
Are you a canadian citizen or a PR ? I ask because I wonder why would CIC ask for the passport of the sponsor when many canadian citizen don't even have one if they don't travel...
You don't need a passport in your own country, a valid ID card with a photo (driving license or health card) usually is enough while some services may also ask for birth certificate but that has no picture...
I don't even have a passport yet, but I plan to get one in the future to visit my wife's country.

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Hey

I got that letter saying our sponsorship was approved :) I think that's the one I need for health insurance, because it says I can now apply for work permit etc etc.

Anyway, They asked for my medical - which i had done back in April, so should still be valid. Should I just call CIC and tell them it's done already? If so, do I just call the normal call centre number? First time phoning.

Good to see things moving. + I know how you lot feel now, it's exciting at this stage!

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
I checked with our consultant and he said it should be fine...I have proof that my passport is being renewed anyways.
Congrats on your AIP kidvicious:)

ppotiti2626

Nov 30, 2012
hi kidvicious1 congratulations im so happy for you!!!
my application was filed 13/07/2012 one month exactly after yours, do you think i will hear from them soon? and how long before you get you get the work permit? and do you get the AIP before CSQ? or which one u apply first?
too much questions... id really appreciate if u can help me understand!
thank u in advance! and good luck to you and all of us!
peace!

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
ppotiti2626 said:
hi kidvicious1 congratulations im so happy for you!!!
my application was filed 13/07/2012 one month exactly after yours, do you think i will hear from them soon? and how long before you get you get the work permit? and do you get the AIP before CSQ? or which one u apply first?
too much questions... id really appreciate if u can help me understand!
thank u in advance! and good luck to you and all of us!
peace!

Ok you filed it one month after me, so you should have received the "application received letter" already, I will assume you have (if you haven't then phone them!!!) I received this on 12/10/2012.
They will send another letter IN THE POST some time later asking you to apply for CSQ.
CSQ will reply after another 3-4 weeks from the date they receive that usually.
Once CSQ have replied, CIC will send AIP (only took a week for me but I think my case is very simple). My AIP received 14/12/2012.
AIP asked me for medicals (but I already have them) so unsure of the time scale from now onward as I have to contact them.

So 2 months from 'received' to AIP for me. Could be very different depending on you. Like i said my case was simple.

AIP gives you permission to apply for a work permit, I am not going to apply for one because I find it will be a waste of time and money as my application should only take another few months.

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
kidvicious1 said:
Ok you filed it one month after me, so you should have received the "application received letter" already, I will assume you have (if you haven't then phone them!!!) I received this on 12/10/2012.
They will send another letter a little bit later asking you to apply for CSQ.
CSQ will reply after another 3-4 weeks from the date they receive it.
Once CSQ have replied, CIC will send AIP (only took a week for me but I think my case is very simple). My AIP received 14/12/2012.
AIP asked me for medicals (but I already have them) so unsure of the time scale from now onward as I have to contact them.

So 2 months from 'received' to AIP for me.

AIP gives you permission to apply for a work permit, I am not going to apply for one because I find it will be a waste of time and money as my application should only take another few months.
Kidvicious,
You should be careful comparing dates and giving people false hopes based on that.
I was notified of AOR on 09/18, and since then, nothing has happened.
Nothing. :'(