+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
PS2011 said:
I received AOR today in snail mail (not e-mail).
Congrats.
AOR last year was also sent by regular Canada Post mail. However they took much longer to sent AOR. Most people started getting AOR in Nov/Dec 2014. Your AOR was super fast, hopefully the rest of the process will continue to be fast as well.

rupinder.ruby

Aug 28, 2015
Hello,
My brother has applied for family sponsership in 2011..
At the time of submission of application i was a dependent child. Application was received by cuc in june and mine 22 nd bday was in july 2011,, means at time of submission of applicatipn i was of age 21 years and 11 mnths,.. Now cic has requested for documnts..
I want to clarify that i left the study for 1 year as i was preparing for ielts exam in 2012-213.. Bt then again joind the study in 2013 and continuosly studying till now.. Do i still be considered as dependnt?
Plz reply

rupinder.ruby

Aug 28, 2015
Hello,
At the time of submission of application i was a dependent child. Application was received by cuc in june and mine 22 nd bday was in july 2011,, means at time of submission of applicatipn i was of age 21 years and 11 mnths,.. Now cic has requested for documnts..
I want to clarify that i left the study for 1 year as i was preparing for ielts exam in 2012-213.. Bt then again joind the study in 2013 and continuosly studying till now.. Do i still be considered as dependnt?
Plz reply

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
rupinder.ruby said:
Hello,
Plz reply
Your age is locked at time of application. As long as you have acknowledgement of your application dated June 2011 from CIC everything is fine.

There are two type of dependents Type A and Type B. As you are at time of filing application under 22 you are not required to continue study. Only thing which will no longer make you stay a dependent is if you get married.

This fact about your age at time of application needs to be clearly explained and that mention you are a Type A dependent child and as such are not required to continue further studies.

All the best and yes you are still regarded as a dependent child.

rupinder.ruby

Aug 28, 2015
Thanks for the response.. One thing more i want to cnfrm that in the form where it is needed to list the detail of activities after 18th bday.. What i need to fill at the tym when i was nt into regular study for a year??

Cgill

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
June 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
sungeus said:
I have received AOR as well
It is very fast . lets see when they transfer file. I am still collecting documents

Fel

Aug 28, 2015
When you have received the request for additional documents and when you have sent them back ?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Cgill said:
It is very fast . lets see when they transfer file. I am still collecting documents
Try to sent your documents as quickly as possible back to CIC otherwise you just get stuck in a queue for processing to begin on your file.

Cgill

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
June 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
soonihope said:
Try to sent your documents as quickly as possible back to CIC otherwise you just get stuck in a queue for processing to begin on your file.
Thanks, I will send soon

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PS2011 said:
I received AOR today in snail mail (not e-mail).
Please answer: when you have received the request for additional documents and when you have sent them back ?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
It would be handy to have a spreadsheet/table for the 2011 cases on this thread so that progress can be tracked by everyone. If everyone provides their timeline we could keep updating as everyone's application moves forward.

PS2011

Aug 12, 2015
Received request for additional docs on July 28th like most people. Additional docs were rec'd in CPC-M on Aug 6th. When did you send yours?

ksenya said:
Please answer: when you have received the request for additional documents and when you have sent them back ?

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PS2011 said:
Received request for additional docs on July 28th like most people. Additional docs were rec'd in CPC-M on Aug 6th. When did you send yours?
Thanks! I got my AOR today. Received request for additional docs on July 28th, CIC got my documents on Aug 5th. :)

PS2011

Aug 12, 2015
Great! I am assuming you don't live in Toronto so it took you a bit longer to get the AOR? My AOR was issued on Aug 24th and yours?

ksenya said:
Thanks! I got my AOR today. Received request for additional docs on July 28th, CIC got my documents on Aug 5th. :)