+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your thoughts please…

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
My friend had his citizenship test and passed on the first try 20/20.

The status of the test and background check changed to completed.

he had an interview and after the interview: Language, physical Presence and prohibition changed to completed.

However, his citizenship test changed from completed to HEARING REQUIRED!

it’s been 3 months now since the test status changed and he hasn’t heard anything.

So my question is, is it possible to have 2 interviews ? And has anyone had a similar experience or knows someone who had a similar experience?

fièrementcanadien

Jan 31, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Here are the reasons a hearing may be held (source). Perhaps they have some concerns about his exam or the interview. Not sure. Has he requested the GCMS notes?

Hearings before citizenship officers
The following are scenarios for which a hearing will be held (not exhaustive):
  • the applicant fails the written citizenship test on a second attempt;
  • the applicant is caught cheating on the written citizenship test;
  • an official feels that the applicant cannot understand or express basic information in one of the official languages (despite the provision of language evidence at the time of application);
  • the applicant waives their right to a written test or a re-test and requests a hearing (where the knowledge test will be administered orally);
  • where fairness dictates (e.g., when there are credibility concerns, where there is conflicting evidence, or where it is necessary in order for the proper assessment of the evidence and requirements necessary to render a fair decision);
  • the applicant was sent a procedural fairness letter informing them that their application may be refused, and the applicant requested a hearing. For loss of permanent resident status, applications received before June 11, 2015, are referred to a citizenship judge for decision.

My friend had his citizenship test and passed on the first try 20/20.

The status of the test and background check changed to completed.

he had an interview and after the interview: Language, physical Presence and prohibition changed to completed.

However, his citizenship test changed from completed to HEARING REQUIRED!

it’s been 3 months now since the test status changed and he hasn’t heard anything.

So my question is, is it possible to have 2 interviews ? And has anyone had a similar experience or knows someone who had a similar experience?