+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your PR application is taking too long? READ THIS! Find out why. Make it go faster!

ahmed.ms

Jan 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-05-2017
Doc's Request.
15-02-2018
Nomination.....
18-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-07-2017
Med's Request
19-03-2018
Hi,
Unfortunately, when you add a spouse, it is almost as if you started a new application on the date they received. So count 19 months from there.

There is a case where a person added the spouse 1 day after getting the PPR. The PPR was revoked and the application reset. It was almost as if that person had misrepresented. So the sooner, the better. It doesn't matter the citizenship of the spouse, even if he/she is Canadian-born, 5th generation Canadian or became Canadian. The process is the same.

You cannot switch your application to EE, but you can start a new one. If you are eligible, they way things go, it looks like it would be way faster. At least you can have the RPRF refunded if you paid in advance.

And your time in Canada still counts towards citizenship before you get the PR, up to a limit of 1 or 1.5 years, can't remember. But anyway, as soon as you get the PR and you plan to live here, that won't matter much, you will eventually become a citizen 2 or 1.5 years later, which is nothing, compared to all you had to wait.
OMG this shocked me ! "RESET THE APPLICATION" ?!

So I have to re-issue all my police certificates again and re do English exams?
How awful and inhumane is that system!

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
OMG this shocked me ! "RESET THE APPLICATION" ?!

So I have to re-issue all my police certificates again and re do English exams?
How awful and inhumane is that system!
Hmm... I think I made a mistake about your case. Sorry.

Your spouse is not "coming to Canada," so I don't think the whole background applies.
It is all a stiff process, and it changes if your spouse is a secondary applicant. I think this would not be the case because she is not an applicant. However, there was a change in the family, and some checks will have to exist.

The example where a guy got a PR and added his wife as a secondary applicant in the current application, instead of sponsoring her later, caused a reset because she was not Canadian.

I honestly don't know how your case is seen by them. But if you want it fast, you have to chose between waiting for an unknown period or the certainty of EE.

You don't have to redo English exams if they were valid when you submitted the application or will be when you submit to EE, which is the lock-in date. The police certificates and the medicals have expiration dates, though.

Rhine

Nov 16, 2018
Hi Everyone,

My File received : 08 may,2017
AoR: 20 July, 2017
Start working on file : 21july,2017
Got married in nov 2017
Added my spouse in feb 2018
UCI generated for spouse on 03 July 2018
Questionnaire like wedding pics proof n all other forms requested on 15 oct 2018
MR for both of us requested on 16 oct 2018...
I did my medical on 20 oct 2018 and spouse did medical on 29 oct 2018
Submitted my medical and all other forms questionnaire on 24 oct 2018 and spouse medical uploaded on 29 oct 2018

Medical pass on 13 November 2018

I called cic in dec they said eligibility is passed , medical passed, no finger print needed , do not need interview... background check : we are processing for background check

How much time they will take to send PPR now???

On 8 feb 2019 it will b 21 months since I applied for it..

Anyone with same timelines .....

Need help plsss.....

mandeep000

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Got married in nov 2017
Questionnaire like wedding pics proof n all other forms requested on 15 oct 2018
Submitted my medical and all other forms questionnaire on 24 oct 2018 and spouse medical uploaded on 29 oct 2018

I called cic in dec they said eligibility is passed , medical passed, no finger print needed , do not need interview... background check : we are processing for background check

Need help plsss.....
Which stream? Inland or Outland?

Rhine

Nov 16, 2018
Yeah PNP applicant....last time wen I called them they said background check is in process i dun know what are they checking ... it’s really frustrating now ...does gcms notes give us detailed info about background check ?? I mean what exactly they are looking at ??

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
Hi Everyone,

Got married in nov 2017

Need help plsss.....
It will add to the 19 months the time to process your spouse if he/she is not Canadian.

A spouse is a new applicant, even if secondary. Spouses go through the same background and security check. Therefore, it could take about 13-15 months from the date you added your spouse, or since he/she started being processed.

The same timeline from others won't apply to you. They have to process spouses and can't reach a decision until the file is closed. This is why it is taking longer for you, and there is no reason to worry.

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
Yeah PNP applicant....last time wen I called them they said background check is in process i dun know what are they checking ... it’s really frustrating now ...does gcms notes give us detailed info about background check ?? I mean what exactly they are looking at ??
No, it will just say "in progress." Depending on the stage of your application, it may delay it because of office transfers.

But it is simple:
In the background, they check if a university degree or work experience claimed is real, even if it requires a call or visit. In the security, it is secretive and they cannot say, but most likely information from all inteligence agencies of the 5 eyes about criminal activity or evidence of criminal activity, such as history, indirect evidence such as name changes, or red flags, such as relationship or proximity with criminals. Also, same names will require fingerprints.

Jag9315

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Got married in nov 2017

Need help plsss.....
I m little bit ahead of u in waiting game im in 29 months ,, did everything same answer ;;;;;;;blah blah blah ::::: stupid background check ,,,,

We all r getting frustrated nothing gonna change they will work on the file when they want to.

Mine recent gcms notes have a new line

Mst application ia a part of verification project coordinated by CMB,,:mad::mad::mad:

Ade3032

Dec 22, 2018
Hello Guys

I am a Saskatchewan provincial nominee under occupation in demand (NOC 2123). Am preparing to submit my PR application to CIC, however I wish to know if I am suppose to submit the following documents

1. Degree certificates and transcript
2. Credential evaluation
3. IELTS result
4. Work experience reference letters
5. Bank statement

I have already read the CIC documents checklist. It does not include the documents I listed above. I am asking so that I can avoid additional document request during processing of my application.

Regards

Ade3032

Dec 22, 2018
Hi Guys

In the additional family information form for my spouse, Is she supposed to fill/write my name in the space for 'applicant' in section A or fill in N/A and go ahead or start from the spouse part?

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
Hello Guys

I am a Saskatchewan provincial nominee under occupation in demand (NOC 2123). Am preparing to submit my PR application to CIC, however I wish to know if I am suppose to submit the following documents

1. Degree certificates and transcript
2. Credential evaluation
3. IELTS result
4. Work experience reference letters
5. Bank statement

I have already read the CIC documents checklist. It does not include the documents I listed above. I am asking so that I can avoid additional document request during processing of my application.

Regards
Summarizing, send only what is in the CHECKLIST and what you know applies to you, i.e., if you are in Canada Working, financial statements do not apply. The chcecklic will be clear on what is mandatory.
English proficiency is necessary as perpthe checklist info.
However, I did send everything you listed in a bunch called "additional documents" and had no problem with that.