+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your document is invalid.

seattlecalgary

Aug 1, 2008
Hello All,

I linked the PR renewal to my GCKEY Secure account, but that linked to the current P card, not the renewal application. Now, that displays the current PR card with the status 'Your document is invalid.' Does that mean a new card is released, which is why the old card is invalid?

I submitted a renewal card application online on May 11, and it is still in the submitted status in the Permanent Residence Portal.

Have you had any case like this before?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello All,

I linked the PR renewal to my GCKEY Secure account, but that linked to the current P card, not the renewal application. Now, that displays the current PR card with the status 'Your document is invalid.' Does that mean a new card is released, which is why the old card is invalid?

I submitted a renewal card application online on May 11, and it is still in the submitted status in the Permanent Residence Portal.

Have you had any case like this before?
Probably does mean they've issued a new card. Not sure though. Wait a week or two before worrying.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope so. I heard the old PR card will be Active for 60 days after the new card is released.
That is correct, but sometimes...mistakes happen. You could try calling IRCC and hope you actually reach a human, or...wait a couple of weeks as suggested.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
That is correct, but sometimes...mistakes happen. You could try calling IRCC and hope you actually reach a human, or...wait a couple of weeks as suggested.
Mistakes or unclear messages are probably more common in the status systems than in the actual application handling.

We KNOW these systems set statuses (like 'document invalid') that are not clear, and we know it usually takes at least a few weeks for IRCC to actually send the completed card and/or update the status to something that is clearer.

So personally I think it makes no sense to spend time trying to call when there's no obvious sign that something is wrong. To each their own, of course.

Now if there was some urgency, like travel tomorrow, perhaps - but even then questionable. But perhaps.

seattlecalgary

Aug 1, 2008
I received the PR card today.

- Online apply - May 11(1 person)
-Total days in Canada when I applied to renew - 740 Days​
-The old card's expiry date is Nov 2024​
- Inspect mode - Completed status with the primary ID is not valid error - May 16
- GCKey - Old card is linked with the status Your document is invalid. - May 21
- Received the card - May 24
-Online status is still Submitted.​