+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Young professionals visa: change of dates/time frame of employment

Klara

Mar 15, 2016
Hello all,

does anyone have experience with changing the dates of employment (same employer) for the YP visa? I've been approved for an YP visa and received a POE which needs to be activated by feb. 2017. Me and my employers thought when applying was that I would work the 2016 summer/fall season, so on my application it says that my employment ends in Nov. 2016. I'm now trying to find out if I could work the 2017 season instead as this might be better both for my employer and myself. I filed a case specific inquiry about this and this is the reply:

"Please be advised that your POE is associated with your work contract.
Meaning that you may enter the country whenever you wish, as long as you have your POE and before the expiry date.
HOWEVER: your contract is from 2016/04/01 to 2016/11/30, this means that your Work visa will only be valid until the last date of your contract.
If you were to Enter the country on the 1st of August, your Visa would only be from the 1st of August until the 30th of November.
If you Enter the country on the 1st of December, the Canadian Border Security Agent would most likely not let you in the country and would not issue you with a work visa."

I understand this, I am just wondering if there is a way to apply for a change of employment timeframe within the visa (without having to apply for a new one)? I heard somewhere that if you could present a new contract of employment stating the new start and end dates at the border, they might accept that (but I don't want to risk it unless I have it confirmed). I have filed another CSI about this but haven't heard back.

Does anyone have any experience with a similar situation? Or just advice on how to proceed, where I could find information about this?

I have searched and searched with no luck.

Sincerely

Klara Johannesson

Melissamp

Jan 17, 2020
Hi, Klara

I know it's been a while since you've posted, however, I'm wondering if you got an answer for that. I'm kinda in the same situation.