+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

You must take IELTS before applying Canada PR.

visaexpert4indians

Mar 19, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Download pdf file and read it

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

IELTS Academic is allowed now....

From Page Number 31,

Note: For the IELTS reading and writing tests, there are ‘General Training' and ‘Academic' options. CIC
only requires to have their proficiency assessed by the ‘General Training' test but will also accept the
results of the ‘Academic' test. .

From Page Number 37,

For applications received on or after April 10, 2010, at the
CIO, do not offer the applicant the opportunity to undergo
and submit the results of a designated language test

You must take IELTS exam before applying to sydney. I am no sure about submission of IELTS. You may submit IELTS original result to local embassy, But it is compulsory to have IELTS result to get exacy language point before applying

Seniors please discuss.....we want more update...

dipmm2000

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2010
visaexpert4indians said:
Download pdf file and read it

IELTS Academic is allowed now....

From Page Number 31,

Note: For the IELTS reading and writing tests, there are ‘General Training' and ‘Academic' options. CIC
only requires to have their proficiency assessed by the ‘General Training' test but will also accept the
results of the ‘Academic' test. .

From Page Number 37,

You must take IELTS exam before applying to sydney. I am no sure about submission of IELTS. You may submit IELTS original result to local embassy, But it is compulsory to have IELTS result to get exacy language point before applying

Seniors please discuss.....we want more update...
If you carefully read this section it says if you submit written evidence to the visa office the officer will not give second opportunity to submit ielts those who applied from 10th April at CIO .

fresher1

Mar 26, 2010
dipmm2000 said:
If carefully read this section it says if you submit written evidence to the visa office the officer will not give second opportunity to submit ielts those who applied from 10th April at CIO .
does its means that we must have to sent the IELTS results while we send the application to CIO, NS?

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are so many threads with same confusion,

It's clearly explained by many members that you don't have to send IELTS to SYDNEY. Its same as in past, you will submit IELTS to visa office with full application,

Mainly, change is a bad news for those who want to submit "proof of proficiency" first with hope that if that not enough, they will submit IELTS when IO requested. Now, it won't happen any more, you submit Other Proofs or IELTS, they won't give you a SECOND chance and will take a decision what ever you submitted.

samu

Mar 31, 2009
Kathmandu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
Thank you for update. Still confusion, Is it must to submit IELTS result to CIO for application submission after 10th April 2010? Help to understand on this. As I have not submitted my application to CIO and don't have IELTS results on my hand too.But I want to process my application to CIO. Please need guidance.

visaexpert4indians

Mar 19, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You must have IELTS result on your hand before application to canada embassy sydney. Passing IELTS is must to think about canada PR.

But you need not to send IELTS result to sydney canada while application, they will ask you send the same with full document at local office of embassy.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is a good thing that they are now accepting academic. I thought it a bit strange that they were only accepting general training before when academic is actually harder. In some cases, visa officers were accepting academic and in other cases refusing it.

I fail to see where it says that you "must" take IELTS before applying to Sydney. In the application guide for skilled worker it says:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf - page 9 said:
However, it is recommended that all applicants using this category complete their language test(s) or their written submission before submitting their application to the CIO in Sydney so that they know in advance how many language points they will attain on the selection grid.
It is still there only recommended and for sure it is a good idea to take it before but it doesn't seem that it is a must. It has always been recommended that you take IELTS before applying to Sydney if only for the fact that you will know your total points and not lose your application later because you fail to get a good result on IELTS and end up with less than 67. I can not even count how many times I have seen that on this board. It also saves you the stress of missing the deadline for IELTS within the 120 day document period if you have failed to book a test early enough or need to take it again to get more points. In the past, some people have sent in their documents within the deadline as well as proof that they are registered to take the next IELTS but now they say in OP6:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf - page 30 said:
Note: Evidence of enrolment in a test session at a future date, no matter how imminent, is not sufficient
evidence of language proficiency

visaexpert4indians

Mar 19, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Leon,

From Page Number 37,

I do not understand what the above sentence telling. I am going to apply to canada PR, but still I have not taken IELTS, even I have not booked IELTS exam date.

Shall I apply to sydney, canada without IELTS?

Can I submit IELTS result with my full documents in 120 days deadline ?

Thanks in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As before, it is recommended that you take IELTS before you apply to Sydney.

There are two reasons for this:

1) When you estimate your points, you estimate certain points for IELTS. Without taking IELTS first, you do not know that you will get those points. You risk estimating too high, then take IELTS later, can not get the results you need and lose your application because your total number of points is under 67.

2) You live in an area where IELTS is booked out long in advance. You want to take IELTS finally when you get your letter for 120 days and can not get a date early enough to get your results in time and lose your application because you fail to prove English abilities.

A reason to apply right away without taking IELTS first would be if you suspect that the list of 38 occupations might be changing and you want to get your application in asap or if you do not really need any or many points for English and are certain that you will get more than enough points on IELTS.

The sentence you quoted is in relation to people who submit written evidence of their English abilities without taking IELTS. In the past, if the visa officer was not certain that the person had met the level of English that they claim to have, the visa officer could require them to take IELTS. After April 10th, they will not do this any more, instead they will just give the applicant whatever points they feel they deserve.

visaexpert4indians

Mar 19, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for reply in details....

I do not required more IELTS point. I can get enough point without IELTS. I don't have any financial problem.

What you suggest, shall I apply to sydney, canada right now without caring IELTS?

Thanks in advance

dipmm2000

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2010
Leon said:
As before, it is recommended that you take IELTS before you apply to Sydney.

There are two reasons for this:

1) When you estimate your points, you estimate certain points for IELTS. Without taking IELTS first, you do not know that you will get those points. You risk estimating too high, then take IELTS later, can not get the results you need and lose your application because your total number of points is under 67.

2) You live in an area where IELTS is booked out long in advance. You want to take IELTS finally when you get your letter for 120 days and can not get a date early enough to get your results in time and lose your application because you fail to prove English abilities.

A reason to apply right away without taking IELTS first would be if you suspect that the list of 38 occupations might be changing and you want to get your application in asap or if you do not really need any or many points for English and are certain that you will get more than enough points on IELTS.

The sentence you quoted is in relation to people who submit written evidence of their English abilities without taking IELTS. In the past, if the visa officer was not certain that the person had met the level of English that they claim to have, the visa officer could require them to take IELTS. After April 10th, they will not do this any more, instead they will just give the applicant whatever points they feel they deserve.
Thanks Leon for this explanation to all

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visaexpert4indians said:
Thanks for reply in details....

I do not required more IELTS point. I can get enough point without IELTS. I don't have any financial problem.

What you suggest, shall I apply to sydney, canada right now without caring IELTS?

Thanks in advance
In that case, you can forget about IELTS, save yourself the money and just do a written submission when you send in your full documents. If you don't need the points, it will not matter to you if they don't believe you and give you 0 points. Or if you want to take IELTS, you can do that before you do your full application.

visaexpert4indians

Mar 19, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Leon,

As I told you, I do not have any financial problem and I do not believe in written submission. I think, IELTS Result is the best way to prove the Language ability and I suggest to all that you must take IELTS and avoid written submission.

It is sure now, I will take IELTS, today or tomorrow......before applying or after application.....

My question is

What you suggest, shall I apply to sydney, Canada right now without IELTS Result?

Will they wait for my IELTS result till I sent full documents?

I am claiming high level of english in application form. I mean 4 point for each ( Reading 6.5 Writing 6.5 Speaking 6.5 and Listening 7.5 overall 7.0 band in IELTS). I am claiming 16 point for IELTS- Language ability....

Suppose, at the time of sending full document, If I get overall 5.5 band and 2 point for each module...I mean 8 point for IELTS, Language Ability......

Will it create negative impression on immigration officer?
Will they reject the application even I score more than 67?

Please help me in details......

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you already have 67 points without IELTS, then they will not deny you based on that you scored lower on IELTS than you thought you would. You can apply to Sydney now and take IELTS later. Are you already registered for IELTS? You should check when you can get a date for IELTS before you apply.