+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

York Region Citizenship Applicants

I have searched through the forums and cannot find specific information about York Region trends. I live in Stouffville and would like to know how they distribute our files within the GTA processing offices. I am aware many of us are sent to Scarborough, I just wanted to start this forum to follow the York region people like me. Please post your information. I am hoping we will be able to create a table that will be a reference for other York Region applications.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
I lived in Markham, and my application was processed by Scarborough.

During processing, I was planning to move to Richmond Hill, so I asked around whether moving to Richmond Hill would change the processing office.

The answer I got was mixed, but in the end, it was settled (after MP inquiry) that Richmond Hill too would have been processed by Scarborough.

Thankfully my application was completed before I moved, so I didn't have to deal with that.

Reactions: iwodamiorie

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I am in Markham. Some people who went through the process say that it could be Scarborough and overflow apps sent to Toronto.

Reactions: iwodamiorie
I lived in Markham, and my application was processed by Scarborough.

During processing, I was planning to move to Richmond Hill, so I asked around whether moving to Richmond Hill would change the processing office.

The answer I got was mixed, but in the end, it was settled (after MP inquiry) that Richmond Hill too would have been processed by Scarborough.

Thankfully my application was completed before I moved, so I didn't have to deal with that.
Thanks for the information, so it look like we are all going to Scarborough.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks for the information, so it look like we are all going to Scarborough.
Well based on the recent influx, can't be sure of which CPC will be processing your file. Some newmarket applicants ended up at the St. Clair office, even though Scarborough is the likely choice. IRCC has been bouncing files around, example: test could be processed by one CPC, but oath by another.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Well based on the recent influx, can't be sure of which CPC will be processing your file. Some newmarket applicants ended up at the St. Clair office, even though Scarborough is the likely choice. IRCC has been bouncing files around, example: test could be processed by one CPC, but oath by another.

This is true. I know of a user which got processed by Scarborough but took the oath at the University of Toronto.

Scarborough is indeed one of the slowest offices in the country, but I heard that Mississauga is worse. Though I would say that Scarborough probably has the longest gap between the time it takes to produce oath invitation after decision made.

This is true. I know of a user which got processed by Scarborough but took the oath at the University of Toronto.

Scarborough is indeed one of the slowest offices in the country, but I heard that Mississauga is worse. Though I would say that Scarborough probably has the longest gap between the time it takes to produce oath invitation after decision made.
It is good to just keep the fingers crossed then. Thanks for your feedback.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
From what I’ve seen, oaths in Toronto are special occasions, such as July 1st, Canada’s 150th, etc. I’d bet those are made up of applicants being processed in Scarborough and Mississauga.

I’d be surprised to find any routine York region application to be processed someplace other than Scarborough.