Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
I am stuck while filling up the Check List (IMM5533). It says. Information about Previous Examination (To be completed by the Sponsor): The person I am sponsoring declared as my spouse or partner and was examined as a nonappompanying dependent when I applied for a permanent resident visa, and did not receive an immigrant visa. (Note: If you have never applied for a permanent resident visa, answer No).

My situation is, I was a Skill Immigrant (Principal Applicant) in 2010 and got PR. Then I went back to home country and lost my PR and now I am in visitor visa in Canada. My wife, however, got cititizenship. Now my wife is sponsoring me. In that case what will be the answer to above question, YES or NO?

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
I'm leaning towards Yes due to your circumstance

However it's really asking if you were together when you're wife applied and if you were listed as Non Accompanying. In which you did not get a visa.

Also the note states if you Never applied answer No... Which you have so you must answer YES.

Hope that helps

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I am stuck while filling up the Check List (IMM5533). It says. Information about Previous Examination (To be completed by the Sponsor): The person I am sponsoring declared as my spouse or partner and was examined as a nonappompanying dependent when I applied for a permanent resident visa, and did not receive an immigrant visa. (Note: If you have never applied for a permanent resident visa, answer No).

My situation is, I was a Skill Immigrant (Principal Applicant) in 2010 and got PR. Then I went back to home country and lost my PR and now I am in visitor visa in Canada. My wife, however, got cititizenship. Now my wife is sponsoring me. In that case what will be the answer to above question, YES or NO?
It would be Yes if you were examined as a non accompanying spouse when the sponsor was applying

if you applied as a skill immigrant and were the principal applicant then you were not the sponsor’s non accompanying spouse.

The question is about whether you applied for and were given PR, but it’s rather about past the sponsor and if you were declared in their application as non accompanying. There is a difference between being examined as a non accompanying spouse/dependent and being examined as the primary applicant

You mention that you wife is now a citizen, when your wife applied for PR were you married? And if yes, did she declare you as a dependent (accompanying or non accompanying spouse?). If she did, then the answer would be yes. If she didn’t then the answer would be no.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiiDii