+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

******* Yellowknife VO *********

Ochai234

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
I had an update on my CIC profile today morning stating "August 27, 2021 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided", No Ghost update, found out by randomly checking the poral.
The additional document requested was RCMP certificate. which I uploaded in April 1st week.
Well at least it means they have started working on your file!! I didn't need RCMP reports as mine was NRT.

Ochai234

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
i didnt get it when it was my turn but i hope some of yall hear something. a little birdie told me they are going to approve all the files and keep people waiting until the results for elections are out.
(if trudeau returns, will get the credit from all the approved applicants. If Erin toole wins, they will release all the pending pprs and then probably halt approving files for a bit) NDP cant win because the leader is too busy making tiktoks and throwing trudeau under the bus. I was lowkey disappointed when he announced him and his wife were expecting and he didnt blame trudeau for it
I doubt we can do much when it comes to canadian politics. Let us hope and encourage ourselves, as God knows, many of us need it.

alpha8842

Aug 27, 2021
I had an update on my CIC profile today morning stating "August 27, 2021 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided", No Ghost update, found out by randomly checking the poral.
The additional document requested was RCMP certificate. which I uploaded in April 1st week.
I also got same GU for additional document on 11 aug and i got my GCMS notes on 26 aug which clearly shows on 11 aug they have passed my eligibility and criminality , only security is Not Started. so may be same thing for you.

MillSt

Aug 26, 2021
I also got same GU for additional document on 11 aug and i got my GCMS notes on 26 aug which clearly shows on 11 aug they have passed my eligibility and criminality , only security is Not Started. so may be same thing for you.
That's great. At least there is some progress, so no complaints :). I have ordered GCMS notes and it's been almost a month, will know soon.

Reactions: alpha8842

Ochai234

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
What is your AOR?

alpha8842

Aug 27, 2021
well the same as me. No GU yet though. The reply I got to an enquiry was that they are working on just Eligibility, last time they were working on both Eligibility and Criminality.
GCMS notes is the only thing which give us clear picture about our profile .. this time i notice on my GCMS notes there is no secondary office allocated, only primary office is there yellowknife , that mean may be from here they will not forward application from one VO to other.

Reactions: Ochai234

Ochai234

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
GCMS notes is the only thing which give us clear picture about our profile .. this time i notice on my GCMS notes there is no secondary office allocated, only primary office is there yellowknife , that mean may be from here they will not forward application from one VO to other.
I hope so. I have been waiting for my notes since the 12th of this month. I have a feeling they'll just send it directly to us.

sam-Toronto-PR

Star Member
Jul 22, 2021
Anyone called IRCC recently? Are they still busy with Afghanistan or providing status update? I got one ghost update today in my profile.

Ochai234

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
That’s great, something happened after 7 months in my profile. Eagerly wanted to know what was that update for. How to check?
September 1st would be my 7th month as well. Maybe try calling them. My GCMS notes are still due, although I doubt they'll have today's update. Most likely we passed Eligibility

Last edited:
Reactions: MillSt

sam-Toronto-PR

Star Member
Jul 22, 2021
September 1st would be my 7th month as well. Maybe try calling them. My GCMS notes are still due, although I doubt they'll have today's update. Most likely we passed Eligibility
Received my notes just now (applied on July 12)
Notes generated on 4th August hence today’s ghost update was not available there. Eligibility was Review Required status from 6/30 ( first time when my case was reviewed by someone at Vancouver since Jan 28) and on 7/14 it was transferred to Yellowknife due to work load balance. Till 8/4 no one from Yellowknife reviewed my profile. Hope someone reviewed my case today on 8/30. Strange part is the officer mentioned unable to validate 3 years foreign work experience and CEC experience all good. I am with the same employer since last 12 years and was 6 years in USA ( provided all documents)
Finger crossed.

Ochai234

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
Received my notes just now (applied on July 12)
Notes generated on 4th August hence today’s ghost update was not available there. Eligibility was Review Required status from 6/30 ( first time when my case was reviewed by someone at Vancouver since Jan 28) and on 7/14 it was transferred to Yellowknife due to work load balance. Till 8/4 no one from Yellowknife reviewed my profile. Hope someone reviewed my case today on 8/30. Strange part is the officer mentioned unable to validate 3 years foreign work experience and CEC experience all good. I am with the same employer since last 12 years and was 6 years in USA ( provided all documents)
Finger crossed.
I think when it comes to CEC, they might really be considering only Canadian experience. have you tried calling them?

Last edited: