+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

x2 update [interview day booked right away] Inld Interview

jerjer_22

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All!

Woo, so my wife was approved and is pending her interview date - as we are hoping to visit her family overseas but don't want to be away when they schedule her interview, how long does it generally take before they contact us again to schedule the interview at CIC Etobicoke? Any recent feedback regarding this would be great, as we are hoping to buy our flight tickets but do not want to be out of country for the date!

jerjer_22

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Inland Sponsorship Approved - September 3rd - How Long For Interview [Etobicoke?

Our only concern is to not miss the email/letter from the government - the last update on her file states:

"We sent you a letter on September 2, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us." - This was her email stating she was approved and they would schedule an interview at a later date. When that letter/email goes out, will her online file update again?

jerjer_22

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Inland Sponsorship Approved - September 3rd - How Long For Interview [Etobicoke?

Contacted the call center this morning, they said it's been 'too long' and they are contacting CIC Etobicoke to get in touch with us to schedule the appointment/interview. -_-

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: Updated - Inland Sponsorship Approved - September 3rd - How Long For Interview

I wouldn't buy flight tickets until you have the interview date.

It's generally a bit difficult to guess Etobicoke timelines since this is where applications are sent when CIC wants to review them more closely. Since this office handles non-standard applications, their timelines tend to be a bit non-standard as well.

Good luck - hopfully you are close to the end of your journey.

jerjer_22

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Updated - Inland Sponsorship Approved - September 3rd - How Long For Interview

scylla said:
I wouldn't buy flight tickets until you have the interview date.

It's generally a bit difficult to guess Etobicoke timelines since this is where applications are sent when CIC wants to review them more closely. Since this office handles non-standard applications, their timelines tend to be a bit non-standard as well.

Good luck - hopfully you are close to the end of your journey.
Cheers for the comment and info. :) We were unable to provide a declaration of commonlaw form, which was requested for additional documents required - we applied commonlaw, but so much time had elapsed that we have since been legally married; our lawyer had mentioned they would probably have us sent to Etobicoke for that reasoning. I don't imagine we will have any issues though! I agree, will be great to get this done and over with...February 2014 Application recieved...a marriage August 2014 and a newborn baby in September 2015 (..without OHIP for my wife..) later, and here we are.

jerjer_22

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Update #2 - they emailed me same day with our appointment - 2 weeks from now. Awesome!