+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

X-ray while pregnant (Give your view)

anilkesh

Feb 14, 2019
Hello guys, has anyone completed x-ray as part of the medical while pregnant, please let me know the procedure followed and your opinion about it.

We would like to have our child born in Canada, that's our wish.

Thanks

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
You want strangers advice on whether to have a x-ray while pregnant, subject the fetus to possible radiation, all because you want the baby to be born in Canada ? And his response was not aggressive, it was a statement

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Most sensible doctors will refuse to do it. Sure maybe the baby will be born in Canada, but at what cost and what risk to the baby?

abhiro

May 29, 2019
I think one can use lead apron or opt to give x-ray later. I have read it somewhere but not sure. Please check

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Giving the x-ray later delays the PR which is not what OP wants. It's also what most certified doctors would do.

The lead apron means that a full exam may not be completed.

anilkesh

Feb 14, 2019
i have read different post of people say they used lead apron as well, just someone that has done it to share his experience. I have used deferer letter since February, someone my application is pending because of the medical, well not despirate just would like to know if it can be done and safe

anilkesh

Feb 14, 2019
Generally, doctors are reluctant, spoke to ours, she said it generally not safe and as a practitioner, she wouldn't advise to go for it even if the risk is low

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys, has anyone completed x-ray as part of the medical while pregnant, please let me know the procedure followed and your opinion about it.

We would like to have our child born in Canada, that's our wish.

Thanks
The majority of doctors recommend against it. It's ultimately your choice.

#EEC

May 19, 2019
Depends upon your pregnancy duration... One should avoid xray in first three months... If u r in last three months of pregnancy u can blindly go with xray but lead apron is always compulsory... Also in medical it's chest xray... So just disclose ur pregnancy to doctor n get ur xray done under lead cover... Also it's always repeated xray exposer which can be harmful,, single shot is not of that much wory....

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Depends upon your pregnancy duration... One should avoid xray in first three months... If u r in last three months of pregnancy u can blindly go with xray but lead apron is always compulsory... Also in medical it's chest xray... So just disclose ur pregnancy to doctor n get ur xray done under lead cover... Also it's always repeated xray exposer which can be harmful,, single shot is not of that much wory....
Professional advise...
Please provide the jurisdiction of your medical license, if you are giving "professional advice" along with your licensing information.