+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WTF did I just experience?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I have always believed that the call centre agents are not up for their job. There have been times when I have just wanted to pull my hair because I know I am right and the call centre agent just keeps saying no sir you are wrong.

They have limited knowledge either being made available to them or they are just lazy which makes us suffer either way. I am even at a point where I want to contact the MP for our region and raise this concern.

Don't worry, you are not alone.

janoo

May 16, 2014
hi All....

If CIC work within a decent frame works first come first serve and complete the

application within specified processing times than they may not get the calls

as they received now a days. Some people are getting their case process less

than a year and some cases are pending for almost 3 years or more..

approx 80000 application are over 24 months and my case pending for

almost 41 months and e-cas staus in Process for last 39 months.

let hope they will act in accordance to civilized way and process in que as they

receive application and handle equally.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
hi All....

If CIC work within a decent frame works first come first serve and complete the

application within specified processing times than they may not get the calls

as they received now a days. Some people are getting their case process less

than a year and some cases are pending for almost 3 years or more..

approx 80000 application are over 24 months and my case pending for

almost 41 months and e-cas staus in Process for last 39 months.

let hope they will act in accordance to civilized way and process in que as they

receive application and handle equally.
CIC is taking advantage the fact that the mentality in the society tends to be docile at times and people will take everything that is thrown at them. For newcomers such as myself who come from different mentality , where people tend to scream protest and complain , their behavior seems completely unreasonable. However maybe if I were Canadian born their behavior would have seen natural to me , or at least I wouldn't have been as aggravated and shocked by it.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhjeppe said:
I called the call centre today as instructed by them a few weeks back to check on the processing of my application.

Here is how it went:

Me: I would like to check on the processing of my application.
agent: Sorry, I can't do that. :eek: (I know, right)
me: Why not?
agent: I am not allowed to.
me: the voice prompts told me that I should hang on when I pressed 1 to check up on my application and that an agent would be happy to assist me. Are you not an agent?
agent: a recent policy change now prevents us from checking any applications if it has not exceeded the processing time.
me: I am sure that this is not accurate, this is one of the functions of your call centre.
agent: you can check the status of your application on our website.
me: That is not working, It clearly states on your website that some applicants might experience difficulties accessing their information, It is apparent that I am one of those applicants.
agent: I am sorry that "YOU" are having issues.
me: I am not having issues, your website is having issues outside of my control. I cannot check the status of my application online, neither can I have it checked by the call centre, so what option remains to me now?
agent: I can send you an email with instructions on how to attempt to resolve the technical issue. You can expect a response within 10 business days.
me: will that be a response on my application or the technical issue that "you" are having?
agent: The technical response.
me: well, unfortunately that doesn't help me at all.
agent: Im sorry but you need to be patient
me: I understand that but as you can imagine, this is grossly unacceptable...

then he said something about waiting another year before I should call back... this is where I decided to end the call for the fear that I might explode on the phone...

I am still in utter disbelief and cannot even make sense of what just happened...
The gent told me the same thing last week. I just blatantly hung up on her and told myself not worth it.

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
jhjeppe said:
I called the call centre today as instructed by them a few weeks back to check on the processing of my application.

Here is how it went:

Me: I would like to check on the processing of my application.
agent: Sorry, I can't do that. :eek: (I know, right)
me: Why not?
agent: I am not allowed to.
me: the voice prompts told me that I should hang on when I pressed 1 to check up on my application and that an agent would be happy to assist me. Are you not an agent?
agent: a recent policy change now prevents us from checking any applications if it has not exceeded the processing time.
me: I am sure that this is not accurate, this is one of the functions of your call centre.
agent: you can check the status of your application on our website.
me: That is not working, It clearly states on your website that some applicants might experience difficulties accessing their information, It is apparent that I am one of those applicants.
agent: I am sorry that "YOU" are having issues.
me: I am not having issues, your website is having issues outside of my control. I cannot check the status of my application online, neither can I have it checked by the call centre, so what option remains to me now?
agent: I can send you an email with instructions on how to attempt to resolve the technical issue. You can expect a response within 10 business days.
me: will that be a response on my application or the technical issue that "you" are having?
agent: The technical response.
me: well, unfortunately that doesn't help me at all.
agent: Im sorry but you need to be patient
me: I understand that but as you can imagine, this is grossly unacceptable...

then he said something about waiting another year before I should call back... this is where I decided to end the call for the fear that I might explode on the phone...

I am still in utter disbelief and cannot even make sense of what just happened...
MIGHT AS WELL THEY SEND HOME ALL THEM CALL CENTER REPS, COZ IF THEY GONNA SIT THERE AND DON'T GIVE OUT APPLICATION STATUS MIGHT AS WELL THEY GO HOME COZ THERE'S BASICALLY NOTHING ELSE FOR THEM TO DO.

IF WE COULD WISH COMPUTERS DO ALL THIS PROCESS FROM START TO FINISH THINGS WOULD HAVE BEEN WAY BETTER AS THERE WOULD'NT BE NO NEED FOR NONE OF THEM INCLUDING THE SO-CALLED PROCESSING AGENTS AND CIC OFFICERS.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Yes I fully agree waiting for two years and one month since I submitted my RQ and
no response.... have call today same file in process and waiting for security up date
than next step... I do not know when they ask me to call back again after 6 weeks.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Call center folks are front-line base support. They are good for basic questions like "where do I mail my application to?". They have very little visibility into the progress of your application and can only see major milestones and notes (they received your application, they sent you a letter for your test, your oath ceremony date is on this day, etc). It is really isn't that useful to call them

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keesio said:
Call center folks are front-line base support. They are good for basic questions like "where do I mail my application to?". They have very little visibility into the progress of your application and can only see major milestones and notes (they received your application, they sent you a letter for your test, your oath ceremony date is on this day, etc). It is really isn't that useful to call them
It depends on the agent. Some are really nice and will give you more detailed information like if your file was assigned to the officer, your clearances are being renewed etc. Other are less nice and will only give you the basic information you mentioned and no more. Based on my experience the ratio between 'nice' and 'not nice' agents is around 1 to 2.

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
ItkExpert said:
It depends on the agent. Some are really nice and will give you more detailed information like if your file was assigned to the officer, your clearances are being renewed etc. Other are less nice and will only give you the basic information you mentioned and no more. Based on my experience the ratio between 'nice' and 'not nice' agents is around 1 to 2.
Nice vs Not Nice...

Are you fucking kidding me? Seriously? The most basic requirement they have for their minimum wage job is to actually do their job...

maybe they should start there... What would become of our society if we all decided whether or not we feel like doing our jobs?

Fucking disgusting is all I can say.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhjeppe said:
Nice vs Not Nice...

Are you *censored word*ing kidding me? Seriously? The most basic requirement they have for their minimum wage job is to actually do their job...

maybe they should start there... What would become of our society if we all decided whether or not we feel like doing our jobs?

*censored word*ing disgusting is all I can say.
Lol, this is how it goes with the government. Its not like they have a competitor like in the private sector. If there was another competing CIC than can give citizenship I would use them but unfortunately there is only one CIC. On the long run , I think privatizing some of the services , call center is one such example, the level of service is dramatically improved. I know some countries in which call center services for many government agencies have been privatized and the quality of service has indeed improved. To take it one step further, maybe the entire processing can be privatized when a government official only makes the final approval whereas all other steps such as information gathering , cross checking sources of information etc. will be done by a private contractor. I assure you that this would be much more cost-effective for the canadian tax payer and applicants would not have to wait for years for a simple RQ review. The chances of it actually happening in the near to mid future are zero unfortunately.