+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Occupation in the form

babyface

Mar 7, 2008
Hi,
I have a interview next month. I took a consultants help in filing for Canadian Immigration for me under the skilled worker category. My case was filed over a year back and it is my mistake I didnt ask for a copy of the application from the consultants. Now that I have an interview I asked them to send me a copy so that I dont say anything different from what's on the application.

I just received a copy of the original application filed with immigration from the consultants. First thing I noticed was that the Occupation they entered for me is way off my current or past work experience.

I don't want to lie to the immigration office who will take my interview. Can you please advice what I should do?

Thank you!

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
You had to sign the application before it was sent.

If there was something untrue in your application, you'll have to live with the outcome.

babyface

Mar 7, 2008
I signed on the blank application sent by my consultants and am paying the price. I had heard that they make you sign on blank application and ask you to fill a duplicate, they fill the actual by themselves. Everything else is fine in the applications.

I cannot do anything now can I?

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
take a writen statement from your consultant that he wrote this by mistake during filling out forms as canadian embassy knows so many people get help from consultants and lawyers, and send them as soon as possible because its your just occupation but dont forget it should be match with Canadian NOC its better to admit mistake before interview, but dont forget take writen staement from your consultant along his statement you can tell them that it was little your mistake too that you didnt notice this mistake while finalize your forms, its better then be in trouble at the time of interview , send them letter soo as possible,