+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wrong name in COPR.......QUORAX AND OTHER SENIORS PLEASE HELP....

jonty00

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd Sep 2010
Doc's Request.
2nd Sep 2010 (Submitted with application)
AOR Received.
4th Jan 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
4th jan 2011
Med's Request
17th March 2011
Med's Done....
29th March 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17th March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
eagerly waiting
I have found serious problem in My COPR. In my COPR my Given Name is written incomplete. My Given Name is JAYAL BHARATKUMAR whereas in my COPR it is written as JAYAL BHARATKUM. So this make serious problem. Im New delhi visa office they are out the phone on recording in which we have to just listen their recording but no one os there who care to listen us. I have send them email on general inquiry and mentioned whole detalis and also attached the scan copy of my passort first and last page and visa stamped page and also the scan copy of my COPR. So how much time they will take to respond me?
Now I want to buy a ticket on 06th August 2011. So is it advisable to buy ticket now and can i get my COPR back with correction (if they asked to send) with in 1 month? I m in huge problem......please guide me.....

JAYAL DOSHI
JONTY00

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
jonty00 said:
I have found serious problem in My COPR. In my COPR my Given Name is written incomplete. My Given Name is JAYAL BHARATKUMAR whereas in my COPR it is written as JAYAL BHARATKUM. So this make serious problem. Im New delhi visa office they are out the phone on recording in which we have to just listen their recording but no one os there who care to listen us. I have send them email on general inquiry and mentioned whole detalis and also attached the scan copy of my passort first and last page and visa stamped page and also the scan copy of my COPR. So how much time they will take to respond me?
Now I want to buy a ticket on 06th August 2011. So is it advisable to buy ticket now and can i get my COPR back with correction (if they asked to send) with in 1 month? I m in huge problem......please guide me.....

JAYAL DOSHI
JONTY00
System at VOs can take only a limited no. of characters for an applicant's name. If your name is too long last letters would be automatically truncated. So there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your COPR. In order to satisfy yourself write an email to the VO and tell them that you are going ahead with booking your air-ticket despite this 'error'.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Thommo is right.

qorax said:
That COPR is alright. The name fields have specific character-spaces - any longer name will not fit & hence not show -- but the system will have your full name.

Relax & go for landing.

Qorax

always+ve

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th Aug
Doc's Request.
With Appln
AOR Received.
23rd Nov
IELTS Request
with Appl
File Transfer...
16th Feb
Med's Request
2nd March
Med's Done....
11th March
Passport Req..
2nd March, submitted 16th March, old passports submitted 4th June
My personal suggestion visist New Delhi and get it corrected

jonty00 said:

JAYAL DOSHI
JONTY00

tunpi

Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Mar-2010
Med's Request
22-Sep-2010
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Nov-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
04-Aug-2011
jonty00 said:

JAYAL DOSHI
JONTY00

You don't need to do anything with your COPR as it is correct already. As my daughter's case i sent them a mail for the same reason and i got the following reply.

"....Please be advised that our visa and COPR can only print 15 characters. You shouldn't have any problems in the port of entry because our records show your daughter's complete name"

DON'T WORRY. For more clarification you can contact with the VISA office.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

You have two options.

1. Don't bother about the reduced characters on your name. While landing you can talk to the officer at the Immigration desk who will make a note if there is an omission. Book the ticket and land in Canada as planned.

2. Check the Canadian visa page on your passport. If your full name ( complete name ) is given on the visa, then return the COPR to Delhi visa office by courier with a letter explaining what has happened. No need to send the passport again. If it can be corrected they will do it.
If you returned the COPR to Delhi, then don't purchase the ticket until you get the COPR back. Hope the travel agent can make the booking accordingly.

Please note that My full name is with 24 characters. The CIC limited it to 20 cutting ANTONY to AN.

A

ADream

How will they be able to correct it? when there's no issue in it. their system can only print 15 characters....my advice go ahead and land...its not an issue...
wilson said:
Hi,

You have two options.

1. Don't bother about the reduced characters on your name. While landing you can talk to the officer at the Immigration desk who will make a note if there is an omission. Book the ticket and land in Canada as planned.

2. Check the Canadian visa page on your passport. If your full name ( complete name ) is given on the visa, then return the COPR to Delhi visa office by courier with a letter explaining what has happened. No need to send the passport again. If it can be corrected they will do it.
If you returned the COPR to Delhi, then don't purchase the ticket until you get the COPR back. Hope the travel agent can make the booking accordingly.

Please note that My full name is with 24 characters. The CIC limited it to 20 cutting ANTONY to AN.