+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong information on e-CoPR

Baban0074

Feb 2, 2021
Guys,

I got eCOPR, but the original entry date is wrong on it, I heard that I should send email to the mail I got for credentials,
And also I heard I need to make paper package and send it to ottawa,

can anyone please explain me, should I wait for PR card or just send them this information to correct copr, because I don’t want any delays on pr Card,
Please help

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Guys,

I got eCOPR, but the original entry date is wrong on it, I heard that I should send email to the mail I got for credentials,
And also I heard I need to make paper package and send it to ottawa,

can anyone please explain me, should I wait for PR card or just send them this information to correct copr, because I don’t want any delays on pr Card,
Please help
Hi Baban, what did you eventually do? I sent the email a week ago but have not heard anything back yet.

evilskater

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I got through today. I was told that sometimes first PR cards cannot be linked. I was also told to raise the issue through the web form. Good luck.
The problem usually is how the information is in their system.. mainly the city of birth.. it is also case sensitive...
What helped me was calling them and ask which information I should add to link my application.

Regarding calling them, the best time is between 8AM and 9AM.. if you call during the afternoon, you will never get an agent.

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
The problem usually is how the information is in their system.. mainly the city of birth.. it is also case sensitive...
What helped me was calling them and ask which information I should add to link my application.

Regarding calling them, the best time is between 8AM and 9AM.. if you call during the afternoon, you will never get an agent.
Well you know how these things are. You either get a good agent. Or you don't. I don't think I can even be bothered to try calling them another 12 more times to be connected to subpar agent who will turn me away.

Also, I have tried at all hours, even between 8am and 9am and have had trouble getting through to them. So I just try every half hour throughout the day.

RV_ZZZ

Jul 2, 2021
I'm in the same situation. Just received my ecopr today found out 3 mistakes: POB, last entry date and country of issue for my travel docu. An email has sent to ask for revise and going to call them on Monday morning...

VPJ1

Jul 6, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon, I got my eCOPR. All the information is correct except for the port of entry. I replied to the portal credential email with Port of Entry: Toronto, ON.

My eCOPR says Pearson Airport as the last port of entry but the last time I entered was via road coming back from New York. Is Lester B. Pearson the default Port of Entry for Toronto or do I need to reach out to IRCC to get this fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Emily98

Feb 17, 2021
I'm in the same situation. Just received my ecopr today found out 3 mistakes: POB, last entry date and country of issue for my travel docu. An email has sent to ask for revise and going to call them on Monday morning...
Hi there,
Just wondering what is wrong with the country of issue for you travel document? Have you been able to contact IRCC and get any reply for you question? Thank you.

penguinnn

Jul 26, 2021
Hi there,
Just wondering what is wrong with the country of issue for you travel document? Have you been able to contact IRCC and get any reply for you question? Thank you.
Hi, just wondering any updates? They got wrong on citizenship section, I’ve been emailing them but didn’t get any replies yet...

evilskater

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi, just wondering any updates? They got wrong on citizenship section, I’ve been emailing them but didn’t get any replies yet...
When I called them they mention that my information was correct in the PR card side… the problem is that the data in the copr is manually entered.. that’s why some fields can have typos/wrong information.
I am still waiting for my card… pictures sent in january, ecopr in feb 6.
Every time I call them they just tell me to wait.. the delay is due to covid.

penguinnn

Jul 26, 2021
any updates? Will they change the information and issue a new eCoPR?