+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong information in records - (GCMS notes)

jkjk11

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I applied for TRV and got rejected. Now I just received my GCMS notes and came to know that they have wrong information when it comes to certain things.

I was on student visa in USA until 2014 and after that I never visited it. But GCMS notes says that I was in USA for 6 months in 2015 on visitor visa. In fact, I visited some other country for less than a month in 2015. So they concluded that I was not a genuine visitor as I stayed in USA for 6 months in 2015.

Just wanted to share and seek some advice on how should I go about if I want to apply for TRV again or whether I should file any complaint or not.

Thanks for your time.

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello jkjk11,

Have you filed a complaint about this? I'm also thinking about filing a complaint but not sure if they take it seriously!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@jkjk11
Do you have any evidence to prove that you left the US + you were living in another country for those 6 months?

@Hansi89
I would advise you not to file any complaint in your case. You can only request the visa office to expedite the processing. Getting a visa is a privilege, not a right

jkjk11

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bryanna said:
@ jkjk11
Do you have any evidence to prove that you left the US + you were living in another country for those 6 months?

@ Hansi89
I would advise you not to file any complaint in your case. You can only request the visa office to expedite the processing. Getting a visa is a privilege, not a right

Hi Bryanna and Hansi,

Thanks for your inputs.

Yes, I do have a proof of leaving USA in 2014 (as I traveled directly to some countries before coming to India). And also being in India and travelling to another country during the time they have mentioned (2015) that I was in USA for six months. In short, the stamps in my passport proves it clearly. And therefore, it is very clear to me that they have not checked my cover letter or passport properly. Otherwise they would not give me a reason to reject my application - "staying in USA for six months".

Thank you again.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

In January, I had advised you not to apply for a TRV as your ties to India were not strong. Anyways. What's done cannot be undone.

You have been refused for multiple reasons. An appeal is an expensive process with low chances of success. It's best if you reapply.

When you reapply, you must consider all refusal reasons and not just the Travel History (6 months' US stay) refusal reason in isolation. You can then include additional evidence to prove that you were not in the US for the specified 6 months.

Cheers

jkjk11

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Brayanna,

Thanks again for the reply. Yes, you are right about my ties in India. I agree with you.
However, surprisingly ties to my home country was not listed among the reasons of rejection.

I am planning to re-apply and definitely add the proofs of being present in the country I visited and then
in my home country.

Thanks again.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Take your time to prepare a solid application along with evidence. Don't be in a hurry. Do address every refusal reason and not just the incorrect US visit

Cheers

ararmaan

Mar 28, 2021
I also applied for Visitor Visa in DECEMBER 2019 for the very first time. I got refusal. When I got CAIPS notes, I got shocked because they mentioned that you also got refusal in 2017. but I never applied for Visitor visa before December 2019.

Can anybody help regarding this issue?