+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Expiry Date on Study Permit

HieiLily

Mar 20, 2018
My study permit is going to expired on July 31st, 2018. I applied to renew my study permit online in the early February. On March 17th, I got a message which said my application was approved. But the expiry date of the new study permit is July 31st, 2018 as well. Can someone help here?

HieiLily

Mar 20, 2018
Yeah, I already submitted the web form and still waiting for their reply....
The thing is I am going to go back at May. I am not sure whether I can get the correct permit before I got back. Since I need to renew my Temporary visa as well.
I am not sure whether it is a good idea if I submit a new application at this time

Rohitdubey

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
I think you should wait for there reply.
It can take some time but you should nt re-apply. It is just a mistake and they should change it.

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Thank you! I will wait for their reply...
Yeah, I already submitted the web form and still waiting for their reply....
The thing is I am going to go back at May. I am not sure whether I can get the correct permit before I got back. Since I need to renew my Temporary visa as well.
I am not sure whether it is a good idea if I submit a new application at this time

Hi HieLily,

Where did you submitted the webform?

Thanks.

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Hi HieLily,

When you applied for extension on study permit this early February, did CIC also required you to have a medical exam? I hope CIC will fix the error on your permit's expiry date.

I am also worrying because my offer letter states that my study will be finished on Nov 2019 but CIC issued validity on my study permit Feb 2019 which is supposedly on Feb 2020. I am just worried because my medical exam which was done lastyear will expire next month and I am not sure if in case I request for an extension, they will require me for new medical exam because the validity of medical exam is only 1 year.

Thank you.

jack wong

Jan 14, 2018
Hi HieLily,

When you applied for extension on study permit this early February, did CIC also required you to have a medical exam? I hope CIC will fix the error on your permit's expiry date.

I am also worrying because my offer letter states that my study will be finished on Nov 2019 but CIC issued validity on my study permit Feb 2019 which is supposedly on Feb 2020. I am just worried because my medical exam which was done lastyear will expire next month and I am not sure if in case I request for an extension, they will require me for new medical exam because the validity of medical exam is only 1 year.

Thank you.
As I know, when you apply for extension, if cic did not ask you for medical exam, you do not need a medical exam. Btw, may I ask when did you apply for extension?

HieiLily

Mar 20, 2018
Hi HieLily,

Thank you.
Hi, they didn't require a medical exam. And you can find the webform here. Hope it can help.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp?_ga=2.49619941.2128721262.1523463370-169224648.1515012293

HieiLily

Mar 20, 2018
I got CIC's reply. Unfortunately, I have to submit a new application for my study permit extension...

Hope this information can help people who have this same situation as me.

Good luck!

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
I got CIC's reply. Unfortunately, I have to submit a new application for my study permit extension...

Hope this information can help people who have this same situation as me.

Good luck!
Oh gosh... I hope next time they do it right for you. Thanks for your reply. It really helps.

dannyland97

Aug 17, 2018
Hello everyone! I need clarification on an issue concerning my study permit. It is to expire by June 2019 and I have been out of Canada since January 2017. I would like to know if it still valid on re-entry in January 2019. A source from an agency told me that my study permit expired three months on leaving Canada is there any truth to this?
Any information regarding my question would be highly appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone! I need clarification on an issue concerning my study permit. It is to expire by June 2019 and I have been out of Canada since January 2017. I would like to know if it still valid on re-entry in January 2019. A source from an agency told me that my study permit expired three months on leaving Canada is there any truth to this?
Any information regarding my question would be highly appreciated.
If you didn't attend classes or defer your admission your study permit would have been cancelled.