+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong answer to a question.

rgsulat

Nov 7, 2012
roger1726 said:
caissaca , rgsulat

I checked with CIC call center and they said that refused admission is related with refused port of entry( by air, road or water) and it is not related with rejected visa application.

refused admission and rejected visa application are different things.

CIC agent suggested to select 'NO' evenif visa application is rejected. He asked me to update detail about rejected visa application in blank section of the same page in form.

SOmeone please verify detail with CIC call center on following no. If possible just note down CIC agent name and agent no.

1-888-242-2100 select option 1 -2 -option for PR application- client no

Thanks a lot. Just one more question. What about the details of employment and addresses? Do I still need to update those or should I just retain the old details I have given when I applied last year?

Thanks again. . .

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
guys I have the same problem and my visa office is Ottawa.

How do i change the forms?

rashy_2

Jun 14, 2017
My canadian study permit has been rejected due to the same mistake stating NO inplace of Yes. I thought i did yes but the wrong form was sent to High commission. It was silly error and i came to know after i received the refusal letter.i was unknown till date. Shall i reapply with an explanation letter asap? Please do suggest me. I am really tensed and hopeless at the moment.

rashy_2

Jun 14, 2017
Hi Guys i M new to forum n didnt find how to post my query thts y i am writing here. Pls help me out guys.My canadian study permit has been rejected due to the same mistake stating NO inplace of Yes. I thought i did yes but the wrong form was sent to High commission. It was silly error and i came to know after i received the refusal letter.i was unknown till date. Shall i reapply with an explanation letter asap? Please do suggest me. I am really tensed and hopeless at the moment.

Ella23

Jul 22, 2017
I emailed my VO and asked how to send it over. They said to fax it, so I did the next day.

When you say you contacted your VO, did you contact someone directly? Were you already in contact with someone? Who do you send such an email to?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hi Guys i M new to forum n didnt find how to post my query thts y i am writing here. Pls help me out guys.My canadian study permit has been rejected due to the same mistake stating NO inplace of Yes. I thought i did yes but the wrong form was sent to High commission. It was silly error and i came to know after i received the refusal letter.i was unknown till date. Shall i reapply with an explanation letter asap? Please do suggest me. I am really tensed and hopeless at the moment.
Hi. Try to post your question in the international student section, there are people with knowledge about student visa and refusal... All the bests.

yki

Jan 13, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm kind of stressed because I have found out that I did not answer a question my application correctly. I did a genuine mistake of saying "No" to the question "Have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?"

I did actually got rejected for a study permit back in 2003 to US. I saw this question on my open bridge work permit application and wondered what i answered for the PR application. I checked the copies I have saved and saw that I checked "No".

Now, is the game over for me? Is there no way to fix this? I'm really disappointed and hopeless at the moment. I did get my AOR but it is not looking good now. Any suggestions?

Need help.

Thank you
How did it go about your case? I have same situation now. I want to know what happen after that.

Aug 22, 2018
Hello All,

I just recently submitted my PR application under OINP. I just recently found out that I missed on 6d question answering NO when it should’ve been YES. I have a representative who alao did not notice the mistake when they were handling my case since I came to Canada. I called CIC and the officer said to send a letter of explanation. I do not have any file number as of yet since they just received my application and I think ot was not yet opened. It was an honest mistake. I declared refusal of an open work permit based on a study permit of my spouse in 2014. I declared that when i applied for a work permit. Im worried that my PR application might be denied because of this error. My rep dant want me to send the letter of application since it will have an inpact in his license. Please help me what to do!

Dannyboy-abd

Mar 8, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm kind of stressed because I have found out that I did not answer a question my application correctly. I did a genuine mistake of saying "No" to the question "Have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?"

I did actually got rejected for a study permit back in 2003 to US. I saw this question on my open bridge work permit application and wondered what i answered for the PR application. I checked the copies I have saved and saw that I checked "No".

Now, is the game over for me? Is there no way to fix this? I'm really disappointed and hopeless at the moment. I did get my AOR but it is not looking good now. Any suggestions?

Need help.

Thank you
Hello. Did you eventually receive approval for PPR? I made the same mistake few days back and I am deeply worried.

Dannyboy-abd

Mar 8, 2017
Hello All,

I just recently submitted my PR application under OINP. I just recently found out that I missed on 6d question answering NO when it should’ve been YES. I have a representative who alao did not notice the mistake when they were handling my case since I came to Canada. I called CIC and the officer said to send a letter of explanation. I do not have any file number as of yet since they just received my application and I think ot was not yet opened. It was an honest mistake. I declared refusal of an open work permit based on a study permit of my spouse in 2014. I declared that when i applied for a work permit. Im worried that my PR application might be denied because of this error. My rep dant want me to send the letter of application since it will have an inpact in his license. Please help me what to do!
Did you eventually receive approval for PPR? I made the same mistake few days back and quite troubled