+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Writ of Mandamus or Wait/Sep 2009 Citizenship Application (Urgent Expert Advice)

aarrow

Oct 15, 2014
I am in a situation here and I would appreciate if the experts can suggest me what to do

Time Line
Citizenship application received by sep 14 2009
started Processing file in June 18 2010
File Transfered to Mississauga office Sep 15 2010
Citizenship Test Jan 5 2011
And till now no updates on the website ...

When I called up the CIC office a very nice polite lady informed
The file has been transfered from the St. Clair office to Mississauga office - but it doesnt say that the file was reviewed
She said it usually means the file is reviewed and it will sent to mississauga office for either a citizenship hearing or Oath
But she cant say for sure, in the mean time she has sent a msg to st clair office to confirm if the review has been done.
She has informed the background checks has been done...

Now I am still not clear how much more Should I wait should I wait another year or how long will it take from now on.

I honestly cant wait any more... I am at a cross road for me its important to get this off my head but I want to be reasonable about I would feel really bad that I spent 5000 or more on lawyer fee to file a case of Writ of Mandamus and my Citizenship hearing is next month.

If you think the wait is more than 7 months then It make sense for me to file a case if it is less than that then I would rather wait

Would really appreciate some can shed some light on it

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are at least 2 or 3 thread with WOM as a topic...check this out and revert..the decision to file is yours...if you can't deal with the delay anymore then go ahead. Having an oath the week after filing is irrelevant to the end outcome...you just want to be a citizen...is it worth 5K to you or not? Only you know the answer.

aarrow

Oct 15, 2014
What I need to know is what do they mean the file is transfered from St. Clair office to Missisauga office

Cheers

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Have you tried asking your MPs office to intervene? They can sometimes get information from CIC's Client Relations Unit that you won't get from the Call Centre yourself. Maybe it is worth a shot? Even if they can't help, its free. I don't see the downside, if you haven't tried it yet.

ronin21

Jul 17, 2014
aarrow said:
What I need to know is what do they mean the file is transfered from St. Clair office to Missisauga office

Cheers
So from your post, I guess your home office is Miss then you got RQ after test and transferred to St. Clair, now it's transferred back to Miss, right? If this is the case, then as the agent said your file has been reviewed either waiting for oath or hearing. when you call them you can ask for the last note on your file, usually they would put a note if they approve your file or recommend hearing. alternatively you can apply for ATIP report to see the notes on your file, you would not want to go to WOM route until you make sure your file is not oath ready otherwise your money will be wasted.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with ronin21. Get your ATIP physical and electronic files. Contact your MP to get them to inquire about the status of your file. These are both free options (ATIP is free if you select "Privacy Act", $5 if you select "Access to Information Act", same info either way).

This should give you a sense of where you file is and inform whether it's necessary to hire a lawyer.

In general though the transfer back to Mississauga is probably a good sign, but ATIP can tell you more. As can your MP.