+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP-EXT for PGWP letter, is it normal? Please help.

Hello12_3

Aug 22, 2019
I also did not get that lettel, is it impotance ?
All my friends got this letter. I applied on 21 sept and still waiting for work perit and I did not get that later and my employer is asking me that letter.
I just want to ask you that does everyone get this letter?
The thing is from all the other forums I have read, it’s like people randomly got the letter and hence we don’t really know the importance of it. Like you said I applied on September 21st as well and I’ve got the letter but you didn’t, so it seems to be generated randomly and I still don’t understand the expiry date mentioned on that letter either. But it seems you can still work regardless of that date (not sure though but that’s what everyone is saying here) and you can try the IRCC web form like they said, it’s just that IRCC takes a bit while to get back to us and our forms.

IMbaig33

Oct 18, 2021
The thing is from all the other forums I have read, it’s like people randomly got the letter and hence we don’t really know the importance of it. Like you said I applied on September 21st as well and I’ve got the letter but you didn’t, so it seems to be generated randomly and I still don’t understand the expiry date mentioned on that letter either. But it seems you can still work regardless of that date (not sure though but that’s what everyone is saying here) and you can try the IRCC web form like they said, it’s just that IRCC takes a bit while to get back to us and our forms.
Did anyone who applied for their work permit in September 2021, get it yet?
My EXT-WP for my PGWP is expiring on January 25th 2022, and I am currently working a job.. can I continue working even if my PGWP doesn't come by January 25th?

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Did anyone who applied for their work permit in September 2021, get it yet?
My EXT-WP for my PGWP is expiring on January 25th 2022, and I am currently working a job.. can I continue working even if my PGWP doesn't come by January 25th?
I continued working pass the expiry date of the WP-Ext letter I got my PGWP now

Qazi1991

Mar 4, 2022
Everyone from my class who applied in between 22-25th April and got their WP in 1 week. I am the only exception who got this letter and still waiting for my WP to get approved. I applied on 23rd April.
when did you get it then.. i applied on 28th January 2022 and got his letter after two days.. any idea till how much time i am going to get TRV request

Kalpanakovuru

Mar 7, 2022
Applied for WP-EXT on 13th July 2021 in Canada, Still waiting for my work permit.
Called to Help desk they said its still processing, Don't know how long to wait, losing hopes on it .
Raised an Webform on feb 8th 2022 no reply one more on 4th March 2022.
Trying to know the status in all ways but no luck.

Last edited:

Qazi1991

Mar 4, 2022
Applied for WP-EXT on 13th July 2021 in Canada, Still waiting for my work permit.
Called to Help desk they said its still processing, Don't know how long to wait, losing hopes on it .
Raised an Webform on feb 8th 2022 no reply one more on 4th March 2022.
Trying to know the status in all ways but no luck.
OMG its been almost a year... why is that

sarveshkalyan

Nov 11, 2020
Hi, Can anyone please let me know if we need to stop working temporarily or leave the job after 120 days timeline until we get the second WP-EXT document after raising a webform?

Proud04

Nov 9, 2021
Hi, Can anyone please let me know if we need to stop working temporarily or leave the job after 120 days timeline until we get the second WP-EXT document after raising a webform?
Hey,

Check: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

It says clearly

If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter, you can still keep working until we make a decision.

If your employer or others need proof that you can continue to work

• you can show them this web page, or
  • if your employer is not satisfied with the information on this page, you can contact us

Hope this helps!

Reactions: sarveshkalyan

sarveshkalyan

Nov 11, 2020
Hey,

Check: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

It says clearly

If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter, you can still keep working until we make a decision.

If your employer or others need proof that you can continue to work

• you can show them this web page, or
  • if your employer is not satisfied with the information on this page, you can contact us

Hope this helps!
Thanks a lot for letting me know, but is it okay to work if the SIN number expires or is it possible to extend the SIN validity to continue working in implied status?

arsh.singh18

Aug 24, 2022
I applied for PGWP recently. I got this letter today. It states

This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on ________(yyyy/mm/dd)
Please attach this letter to your present Study permit Number _______ as proof that you are authorized to work for any employer, in any occupation with no restriction on hours until ________ or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(w) of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Regulations.

The first blank is the date I applied. The second one is my SP document number. The last one is 4 months after the application date. I'll start work after five days of the third blank. What if my PGWP can't be approved until that date?

I saw most people in this forum only got this letter when they apply for BOWP. I am wondering if it is normal to receive this letter when applying for PGWP. Thank you!
I also got this letter today saying that I can work up to 4 months from the day I applied for PGWP. Will I get an extension if my PGWP is not approved until this date too?

Rsrv

Mar 25, 2016
Hi,

I completed my 1-year course in May and applied for PGWP before starting my job. However, I also received this WP-EXT for PGWP letter where they mention this clause that I'm authorized to work until Sept 7 or until decision has been made on PGWP, whichever is earlier. And now my employer is also asking proof for continuing to work after Sept 7. Please advise!

arsh.singh18

Aug 24, 2022
Hi,

I completed my 1-year course in May and applied for PGWP before starting my job. However, I also received this WP-EXT for PGWP letter where they mention this clause that I'm authorized to work until Sept 7 or until decision has been made on PGWP, whichever is earlier. And now my employer is also asking proof for continuing to work after Sept 7. Please advise!
I am also wondering the same thing. I have no clue. Maybe we can submit a web form indicating our issue.

Reactions: Rsrv