+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP expiry sooon,, no LMO to process extension ???

maas187

Mar 1, 2012
Hi guys.

I am very stuck, my WP is expiring , I have applied for an extension but they asked for an LMO, I just applied for my LMO today with my employer.

I just got off the phone with the lady from HRSDC and she said just to get a file number it could take months.

any help/advise at this point will be great.

Thanks in advance.

wlee62

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2011
AOR Received.
17-09-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
19-01-2012
Med's Request
17-09-2011
Med's Done....
28-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2012
LANDED..........
09-04-2012
You should call again.. I was sort of in the same situation as you. MY WP expires June, and my employer just applied for a LMO, but I read somewhere they take up to 12 weeks to receive. So I called CIC and the man I spoke to was very helpful. Basically, you should wait until 2 weeks before your WP expires and then put in an application, and also provide proof that your employer already submitted a LMO and you will be put under implied status and you will be able to continue working. The CIC agent sent me a detailed email with all the steps to take right after we got off the phone, so I suggest you call them again.

Good luck

maas187

Mar 1, 2012
Thanks for the prompt reply,

I called CIC, the agent told me do not delay anything. If you have submitted your application for the LMO by Fax you should get some proof the you have applied.

Now based on what he said as well. CIC usually keeps applications on hold for 2 months MAX, that is if they are waiting for the person to sent more documentation. Now I am willing to wait 2 months. I applied for my PR back in Jan 14 2011. as CEC.

Received on Jan 14th.
Process in Oct 8th.
Medical received and Finger print is received.

Just still in process.

maas187

Mar 1, 2012
wlee62 said:
You should call again.. I was sort of in the same situation as you. MY WP expires June, and my employer just applied for a LMO, but I read somewhere they take up to 12 weeks to receive. So I called CIC and the man I spoke to was very helpful. Basically, you should wait until 2 weeks before your WP expires and then put in an application, and also provide proof that your employer already submitted a LMO and you will be put under implied status and you will be able to continue working. The CIC agent sent me a detailed email with all the steps to take right after we got off the phone, so I suggest you call them again.

Good luck

Really you a champ.

I just called the agent from CIC, He stated the same thing your mentioned in addition to the 2 months part for LMO status. He said that since they are aware of the status of the LMO and it is getting delayed for alot of foreign workers. they provide the implied status.

He also mentioned worst case, it takes longer than 2 months. and my application gets rejected, I still have the 90 restoration status, in which i could apply for a new work permit if the LMO comes in time or as a visitor if needed.

That was really relieve..... lets hope CIC process ends.

wlee62

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2011
AOR Received.
17-09-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
19-01-2012
Med's Request
17-09-2011
Med's Done....
28-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2012
LANDED..........
09-04-2012
Glad I could help.

You mentioned you applied for CEC last January. You should send in a case specific inquiry on your file. I applied in June 2011, and when I emailed them, I found out my file was transferred to Detroit about a month before my inquiry.. and then the next week, I received their request for my passport and the $490... I'm not saying that my receiving the request and emailing them are related, but at least you will know where your file has ended up!

Good luck.

Del12

Jan 3, 2012
Hi, I too agree with wlee62. I was applied in June and when I sent a case inquiry, my file got transferred to Detroit. After 3 days, I got RPRF fee and passport request.

imsamazing

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10, 2011
Doc's Request.
August 2, 2011
AOR Received.
July 14, 2011
Med's Request
July 14, 2011
Med's Done....
July 20-22, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 23, 2011
LANDED..........
September 24, 2011
maas187 said:
Thanks for the prompt reply,

I called CIC, the agent told me do not delay anything. If you have submitted your application for the LMO by Fax you should get some proof the you have applied.

Now based on what he said as well. CIC usually keeps applications on hold for 2 months MAX, that is if they are waiting for the person to sent more documentation. Now I am willing to wait 2 months. I applied for my PR back in Jan 14 2011. as CEC.

Received on Jan 14th.
Process in Oct 8th.
Medical received and Finger print is received.

WHY IT TOOK THEM SO LONG TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION? what visa office did you send your application or what visa office process your application? i am just curious because its been a year now since you applied. thanks.
Just still in process.

maas187

Mar 1, 2012
Del12 said:
Hi, I too agree with wlee62. I was applied in June and when I sent a case inquiry, my file got transferred to Detroit. After 3 days, I got RPRF fee and passport request.
you see guys this is what i do not understand, I Have sent them an email back in February the 1st 2012, asking for any information on my process,

They replied " your application is in process and for now we do not need any further information or documentation from you. Keep your request to a minimal"

That does not make any sense really.

And the agent of the phone told me After 3 months from the medical you should receive some type of decision.

maas187

Mar 1, 2012
Guys just wanted to provide the good news.

I received an email today requesting my passport.

MY GOD FINALLY ........... I cant believe i rushed into all that problems with LMO ..... But thanks for everyone for their advice. I believe my struggle with CIC was like a movie :'( , and I am glad it is done.

Does anyone know how long does it take for them to process the visa for landing ? \

Thanks guys

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
15 business days, not including delivery time. Congrats!

maas187 said:
Guys just wanted to provide the good news.

I received an email today requesting my passport.

MY GOD FINALLY ........... I cant believe i rushed into all that problems with LMO ..... But thanks for everyone for their advice. I believe my struggle with CIC was like a movie :'( , and I am glad it is done.

Does anyone know how long does it take for them to process the visa for landing ? \

Thanks guys

imsamazing

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10, 2011
Doc's Request.
August 2, 2011
AOR Received.
July 14, 2011
Med's Request
July 14, 2011
Med's Done....
July 20-22, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 23, 2011
LANDED..........
September 24, 2011
Hello! after they receive our medical result how long will be the passport request? I've seen in some thread that their file was sent to Detroit... my file was sent to Buffalo then it was transferred to Ottawa for faster processing. Will they send my files to other place like Detroit?

shaikhy

Oct 29, 2011
maas187, can you please share your cec application processing timeline?

I applied in April last year and am worried now about getting an LMO. My PGWP expires June 3rd. GCMS notes say that I have passed eligibility, security, criminality and medical. The last update seem to be made on Jan 19th. It says:

"FOSS checked, documents checked and PA meets all requirements. RFV pending RPRF payment."

I'm not sure if I should apply for LMO or hope I get PPR request before June!?

Any help is appreciated! thanks

maas187

Mar 1, 2012
shaikhy said:
maas187, can you please share your cec application processing timeline?

I applied in April last year and am worried now about getting an LMO. My PGWP expires June 3rd. GCMS notes say that I have passed eligibility, security, criminality and medical. The last update seem to be made on Jan 19th. It says:

"FOSS checked, documents checked and PA meets all requirements. RFV pending RPRF payment."

I'm not sure if I should apply for LMO or hope I get PPR request before June!?

Any help is appreciated! thanks

Yes Sir I can.

1 - received application - January 11, 2011.
2 - Send RCMP Finger security check - In May 13 2011.
3 - CIC started the process on October 3, 2011.
4 - Medical request and 490$ - November 1st 2011.
5 - Passport request - March 5th 2012

Now all my applications and documentation was sent to Baf/NY. and we all know how busy they are.

But just to keep you guys posted I did email them the night before they sent the Passport/Request. As if they had my application under a coffee cup and just realized that there was something missing. :p

Medical results have been received.

shaikhy

Oct 29, 2011
Thanks maas187! I guess I should email them too. In my GCMS notes I see my file was transferred to Ottawa and is being sent back to Buffalo? lol it's like every application takes a different route somewhere in the whole process.

Now I'm not sure whom to send the case specific inquiry to! will it be Ottawa or Buffalo? I guess Buffalo because I did not receive any correspondence saying that my file was transferred. I just have one question, what should the inquiry say? 'I would like to request a status update on my application xyz please'?

Thanks agaiN!