+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would like to know - FSW- Category1

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
Hello All,

I would like to know, how Sydney office reply back to applicant (all over the world, esp INDIA) under FSW- Category1 (when we first send our application to Sydney)? I means to say, through Normal Post OR Speed post OR Courier OR other medium.

Thanks,
Abhishek

charmeuse

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 10, 2008
AOR Received.
September 3, 2008
Med's Request
December 12, 2009
Med's Done....
December 24, 2009
Interview........
November 9, 2009
Passport Req..
December 12, 2009. Recd. by CHC on Jan 15, 2010.
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2010. E-cas status changed on 9 Feb, recd on 10 Feb.
LANDED..........
Smooth landing on June 26, 2010.
Normal post (I'm in India).

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
Thank you for quick reply.

I submitted my application on Apr 14th (from India) and reached Sydney on Apr21 and 550.00 CAD Demand Draft has been in-cashed on May1, 09....I am wondering, how much time have I to wait to hear from Sydney office? Yesterday, I enquired the same on local post office and didn't hear anything:(

Please let me know- Do we have any Contact number OR email address of Sydeny Office to enquire about our applications?

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
Unfortunately there is nothing else you can do. There is no contact phone number or email address for novascotia. When I was going through similar circumstances, my friend in toronto tried calling customer service in immigration processing office, they declined to entertain any request on applications sent to novascotia from overseas. With out AOR number you can not check ecas nor apply for caips. You can write to novascotia seeking clarification on response and send by courier or post. I think you will receive aor in six weeks time from the date of sending your application.

dandrade

May 12, 2009
hi, my name is D'andrade Browne. My father got married to a Canadian citizen. I would like to know what period of time is that person required to take care or support our family. If some one can answer this i will appreciate it very much. Thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the father married a Canadian citizen and she sponsored him and his kids, she would be responsible for the father for 3 years after he got PR and for the kids for 10 years after they become PR or until they turn 25 whichever comes first. If any of them were to go and take social assistance during that time, the Canadian sponsor would get billed for it.

See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900E2.asp for those times.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
thanks leon

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
babutv2000 said:
Unfortunately there is nothing else you can do. There is no contact phone number or email address for novascotia. When I was going through similar circumstances, my friend in toronto tried calling customer service in immigration processing office, they declined to entertain any request on applications sent to novascotia from overseas. With out AOR number you can not check ecas nor apply for caips. You can write to novascotia seeking clarification on response and send by courier or post. I think you will receive aor in six weeks time from the date of sending your application.
Thanks Bahutv,

I will wait for some more time..I guess, you filled ur application from India..Correct me if i m wrong

narinder1981

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Abhishekh,

Since I had submitted 2 times my appication to NS Sydney, the response I got exactly in both cases was after 35 days. You might will get in same period. Just guessing out...

newapplicant

Feb 1, 2009
Hi Narindar, thanks for reply but my question was not about 120 days requirement by CIC.
I would like to know, did you start counting 120 days from the date you got your AOR ??

narinder1981

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
HI, Did you mean how many days I have taken in sending docs ? If yes, then I sent docs in 5 days after getting letter from NS CIC.

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
narinder1981 said:
HI, Did you mean how many days I have taken in sending docs ? If yes, then I sent docs in 5 days after getting letter from NS CIC.

You sent docs in 5 days it means, Once you sent your application to Sydney Office(waiting for appoval from their),in mean time you started/ applied for PCC and collected other docs for local visa office, so that you sent docs to visa office on time or before.....Correct me:)