+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would including this information in my Inland CL application help or hinder?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inland applicant for CL sponsorship

My CL sponsor and I are wrapping up our application package and are now writing our individual versions of our relationship, to include.

Here's my dilemma:

For the sole reason of my current status (out) and that I am beyond the 90 days to apply for restoration, we decided to file via Inland. My CL partner had been married, but legally separated when we entered into our CL relationship, but I was not aware that I could even start the process for sponsorship if she was still legally married. I know...not of importance to CIC (or anyone I suppose) for being ignorant.

An Aboriginal friend of mine and I were talking one day, discussing my situation and my desire to stay, live and possibly work in Canada (I work remotely through the US, so I may not need to work, per se, in Canada for the foreseeable future). Since I know that I have Native American blood, he suggested that I read the Jay Treaty of 1796 that basically allowed Native American Indians to basically live without the 49th parallel `border' to prevent free passage across the continent.

I jumped in head first and started tracing my genealogy, ultimately finding documentation that shows my maternal grandfather as full-blood, Cherokee...my grandmother as one-fourth...and my beloved mother (who I miss very much) as five-eights. This, according to my math, should give me five-sixteenths blood quantum, which is more than enough to qualify for tribal enrollment to the Cherokee Nation.

Well....not so fast.

Because I have yet to `connect the dots' beyond my grandfather to his family and ultimately to a name on either the Dawes Roll of the Five Civilized Tribes, or the Baker Roll of 1924...I cannot enroll with the CN, nor can I apply for a status card through the Bureau of Indian Affairs in the US. Bummer!

Now comes the question:

I want to share this story in my letter to CIC, to show that I have been trying to resolve my status and live in Canada and not just sitting on my hands, with my head in the sand, while my CL partner resolved her personal business with her ex-husband and father of her [adult] chidren. Our reasoning for waiting until now to apply, should really be our business. The truth is...we weren't ready until now. Period!

My CL partner feels that by me disclosing this, CIC may see our now CL application as nothing more than `Plan B', and therefore potentially deny our application.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your time.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Ponga said:
Inland applicant for CL sponsorship

My CL sponsor and I are wrapping up our application package and are now writing our individual versions of our relationship, to include.

Here's my dilemma:

For the sole reason of my current status (out) and that I am beyond the 90 days to apply for restoration, we decided to file via Inland. My CL partner had been married, but legally separated when we entered into our CL relationship, but I was not aware that I could even start the process for sponsorship if she was still legally married. I know...not of importance to CIC (or anyone I suppose) for being ignorant.

An Aboriginal friend of mine and I were talking one day, discussing my situation and my desire to stay, live and possibly work in Canada (I work remotely through the US, so I may not need to work, per se, in Canada for the foreseeable future). Since I know that I have Native American blood, he suggested that I read the Jay Treaty of 1796 that basically allowed Native American Indians to basically live without the 49th parallel `border' to prevent free passage across the continent.

I jumped in head first and started tracing my genealogy, ultimately finding documentation that shows my maternal grandfather as full-blood, Cherokee...my grandmother as one-fourth...and my beloved mother (who I miss very much) as five-eights. This, according to my math, should give me five-sixteenths blood quantum, which is more than enough to qualify for tribal enrollment to the Cherokee Nation.

Well....not so fast.

Because I have yet to `connect the dots' beyond my grandfather to his family and ultimately to a name on either the Dawes Roll of the Five Civilized Tribes, or the Baker Roll of 1924...I cannot enroll with the CN, nor can I apply for a status card through the Bureau of Indian Affairs in the US. Bummer!

Now comes the question:

I want to share this story in my letter to CIC, to show that I have been trying to resolve my status and live in Canada and not just sitting on my hands, with my head in the sand, while my CL partner resolved her personal business with her ex-husband and father of her [adult] chidren. Our reasoning for waiting until now to apply, should really be our business. The truth is...we weren't ready until now. Period!

My CL partner feels that by me disclosing this, CIC may see our now CL application as nothing more than `Plan B', and therefore potentially deny our application.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your time.
I don't know that they would see it as Plan B, however, you don't have to explain WHY you chose to wait this long. As a matter of fact, in my opinion, I would think they would see the wait as a good thing that you have both fully committed to this relationship and now have that much more supporting evidence. I don't see a problem with including this information, however, I don't see a reason WHY you would include this information. It is not really pertinent to your stories about how you have met and it really is not pertinent to your relationship, unless this is a specific reason why your CL wife is with you. If that makes any sort of sense to you.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it makes perfect sense. Thank you.

[note to self: erase, erase, erase] :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Muddles the story IMO. Leave it out and keep things simple.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015