+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

worried!!!! plzz help!!

yarn128

Feb 10, 2011
??? Hi,

Thnkss for all the previous help guys!! With all the help of the members of this group, I have been able to sumbit my husband's sponsorship application.

But now I am extremelyy worried, as they have sent my file to the Abu-Dhabi visa office instead of Islamabad, Pakistan (which I had asked for in my application). I was born in Pakistan (and I am national of Pakistan), but I have been living in Saudi Arabia for quite a while now.

It takes muchh longer for the case to be processed in the Abu-Dhabi visa office, and this is the reason I had initially wanted my case to be processed it in Islamabad(Pakistan).

I would be very thankful if someone could help me with the following questions:

1) Can someone plz tell me the possible reason behind this change? I am guessing it is because I have lived in Saudi Arabia for quite a while now (they said in the e-mail that it was based on my current address). But does anyone know why they move the files? (eventhough I had asked for them to process my case somewhere else?)

2) Since the file has already been sent to Abu-Dhabi, I am guessing its not a good idea to ask them to move it to Islamabad, Pakistan now. Will it take longer that way? Is it even possible?

3) If it is possible, then will it make my application a little suspecious??

4) My husband filed for my sponsorship from Canada. However, he has found a good job here in Saudi Arabia. So he came to Saudi Arabia last month. Is it neccessary for me to inform the authorities? My consultant has really scared me, as he thinks it will be "misrepresentation of facts" if we don't notify them of them change.

I don't want the permanent address on our file to be a Saudi one, as this way we will have to prove that we plant to re-establish ourselves in Canada. If the address remains a Canadian one, we will not have to do any of that.
???

5) What if my husband goes back to Canada every six months? (I think then his permenant address will still remain the same)..is that a good idea?

6) One of my friend who just sponsored her husband to Canada told me that she was never asked for her passport during the process. My consultant told me that the only way they can find out about my husband's address change is if they ever ask for his passport.

Is that likely to happen ? If anyone has gone through that, then plzzzz let me know! I'd be very thankful!

Thanksssss a ton!! :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
If your husband is a PR, he needs to be in Canada in order to sponsor you. If he's a citizen, he will need to prove he is going to re-establish himself in Canada when you receive your PR. Not informing CIC of these changes can result in grounds for denial due to misrepresentation.

CIC sometimes sends applications to other offices "in order to maintain the integrity of the process" but they will not change it because you request a transfer. Also, there are special procedures for leaving the Kingdom, that is possibly why they sent your file to Abu Dhabi instead of Pakistan, because you will need to comply with these procedures in order to get your visa.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
hi yarn better inform them of the change....don't b scared, as long as u'll inform them they won't accuse u of anything but they will ask for re-establishment proofs...the most important is to be honest; however if he is not Canadian citizen he cannot sponsor u outside Canada, so either he'll go back or the application will go down the drain

ur consultant is right, not informing is misrepresentation and for Canada is serious offence

can i ask u for how long have u resided in Saudi that it made them transfer ur file to Abu-Dhabi? r u on work visa or under ur father/relative visa? we live in UAE but want to apply in his home country, i hope they won't transfer our file...did Missisauga transfer directly or was it first sent to Islamabad and then they sent it to Abu-Dhabi?

thank u and good luck!!

yarn128

Feb 10, 2011
thankss for the answers guys!!! I hope I can have more input as well...

my husband is a citizen...he has been living in Canada for many years now..but he just came to Saudi Arabia before a month or so

he is not on the company visa, and I don't know why they would send my file automatically to Abu-Dhabi instead of Pakistan.

My consultant has told me that if he can somehow manage to come back to Canada before 6 months are over, and stay there for 15-30 days, his permenant address will still be the canadian one (as long as he goes back before the six months are over)....is this true?

Please help me! as I am really worried about it now ???

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Your husband's residence for tax purposes or other such purposes has nothing to do with his establishment in Canada, which is what he has to prove if he is working full time outside of Canada. If he cannot show that he is returning to Canada when you are issued a visa, your application can be denied. Just because he maintains an address in Canada does not mean that he is established there.

As I mentioned before, your file MAY have gone to Abu Dhabi because you are located in Saudi Arabia. There are special procedures which apply to persons leaving Saudi Arabia, which must be fulfilled before your visa can be issued, such as submitting proof that you have cancelled your work visa and obtained an exit visa, your employer has terminated your contract, and you have purchased a ticket to leave the country. There is also usually a time limit given for persons to accomplish this. None of these conditions apply to Pakistan, so since you are not located in Pakistan and you will be subject to fulfilling conditions that do not apply to Pakistan, therefore your file was transferred. It's just a thought, but it is a logical one.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Hmm yeah Gulf has special rules abt employment and such but i did read cases where people transfered the files from Abu-Dhabi to Manila although they reside in the Gulf...and their case was transfered...maybe there's something more into all this

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your husband is exclusively residing outside Canada, you will have to prove intention to move to Canada when you get your PR. You might ask what is exclusively residing outside Canada. If he was visiting you on a visit visa, even if he was staying for 6 months, he could not be seen as exclusively living outside Canada. With a work visa, having moved to where you are and having a permanent job there, he could definitely be seen as living exclusively outside Canada at this point, even though he has only been doing so for a month.

It would be misrepresentation not to tell CIC about this. It is also likely that you must both get your UEA visas cancelled before you get the PR in order to prove your intent to move to Canada.

yarn128

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks a ton guysss!!

Actually my husband is working, but he is not on a company visa. We have our family business here, and he is working with us. My Saudi uncle has sponsored him here, so he has a visit visa for now. After six months, we will change it into permenant residence, or he will be under another sponsor.

This is how we are planning to spend the time we are here, because my husband does not want to have a company visa. If he does, I know that it will create complications for him for my immigration.

We have a family business here, but we don't want to mention that in the application. This way, it will be almost certain that we don't intend to live in Canada for more than 5-6 years. Even if I do go to Canada, I want to gain my citizenship and then possibly move back to Saudi Arabia permenantly with my husband.

So how can I avoid showing that my husband's premenant address has changed from his Canadian one? Since he is on a visit visa, I was thinking that he can go back to Canada after six months and keep doing that after every little while.

Since he is not on a work visa, will this be fine???

Also,what are some possible ways to show that we plan to restablish ourselves in Canada? My husband is not working there, and most probably will not get a job offer (as he is not planning to work, and just stay connected with our business).

I was thinking of showing my applications to the different universities I am applying to in Canada plus a letter from our family memebers living in Canada that they will be fully supporting us.

Is this enough? I think it is not, as I will most probably not get accepted to most of the universities there. However, I want to atleast show that I am applying, and I am interested in completing my education in Canada.

Thanks once again. :D :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If he is currently on a visit visa, he is officially at the moment just visiting you and therefore he is not exclusively residing outside Canada at the moment. Therefore, there is no need to tell immigration about a change of address just yet.

Maybe you will get your PR before he gets his work visa. If not, then he will have to tell Canada immigration that he is now residing outside Canada exclusively and prove his intent to still move to Canada when you get your PR. Proof of intent to move to Canada include having arranged housing, having jobs lined up, having been accepted to college etc.

lovelex

Feb 27, 2011
hi everyone!
my husband petitioned me as a common law spouse.
i already received a letter from Canadian embassy (manila) requesting for my passport, marriage certificate, and marriage advisory dated June 20, 2011. The letter states that i need to pass all the necessary requirements within 45 days basing on the date of letter, which is June 20, 2011

i have a couple of questions here,

1. is marriage advisory same with CENOMAR? if not where can i get it?
2. we are planning to go Hongkong this July 22-24, 2011, is it just ok if i will go to Hongkong, as well? do you think this will delay the processing of papers in any way?

thanks so much!!!!
hope everone of us will be with our love ones very soon!!!
GOD bless us all!!!

:)