+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried about spousal sponsorship

sam.k.new

Sep 25, 2014
Hi, I am sponsoring my husband outland. I heard that there is no minimum income requirement for spousal sponsorship. I came back in winnipeg last dec 14 and i got a part time job with an average of 16-20 hrs a wk. I am a bit worried if this will enough to support our application given that I also have a dependent child (our child). Is Canada child tax benefit a social assistance from government? If so, i am not eligible to sponsor my husband?
I am currently living with my sister with her family, unfortunately she resigned from work and started studying.
Also her husband is studying and receiving an EI. They told me that we can stay there a few months once my husband arrived in Canada. Can I request a support letter from my sister given their situation?

Also, I haven't requested yet an employment letter from my employer because I am just a newly hired employee. Should I request a letter after 3months from work?

We do not know what to do I am not yet established here in Canada.

Please enlighten me with my concerns.
Thanks in advance.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Child tax benefit isn't social assistance. You are fine there.

There is no minimum income requirement to sponsor a spouse, however, CIC will want to know how you intend to support your family (you can use proof of your husband's potential employment as well).

You can use a letter from your sister to show where you will be living, they don't need to know anything about her financial situation either.