+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working remotely from Canada for Indian company on dependent Visa?

Oct 24, 2017
Hi,

I will be moving to Canada in a few months as a dependent to my husband who will be having a work permit in Canada. I am currently working for an Indian company. Is it possible to work for my current company remotely from Canada if my current company allows it? If so, should I get a work permit from Canada to work for an Indian employer?

Help appreciated.

Thanks!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Sure you can work remotely for an Indian company as long as absolutely no Canadian clients are involved at all so everything you do must be offshore activity. Not knowing what type of permit your husband has you might be able to look at a spouse work permit in any case as well.

Santosh@1

Nov 6, 2017
Hello Everyone My Self Santoshkumar 4rm India Can Anyone Tell me that About Canada Unskilled Visa Process Bcoz Here Some Of Indian Agents R Telling That With Out IELTS vil B Getting Visa of Canada & They R Charging 6.5Lakhs & Visa vil b Get With In 30 to 45Days only Is That Believable Plz Reply Me.

Prem1305

Apr 6, 2022
Hi,

I will be moving to Canada in a few months as a dependent to my husband who will be having a work permit in Canada. I am currently working for an Indian company. Is it possible to work for my current company remotely from Canada if my current company allows it? If so, should I get a work permit from Canada to work for an Indian employer?

Help appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi ,
While filing application form for dependent visa with open work permit in this case , what should we fill in employer name , location and current occupation??? Should we mention the Indian employer details in the application form ? Please help??

Sneema

Jun 18, 2021
Hi ,
While filing application form for dependent visa with open work permit in this case , what should we fill in employer name , location and current occupation??? Should we mention the Indian employer details in the application form ? Please help??
Hi Prem, I have the same question. Did you get any news on this?
Did you apply for open work permit from Visitor visa and working for indian client.