+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Remote from outside Canada

KDSH

Dec 3, 2019
HI, Me and my family are Canadian PR and moved to Ontario in July 2022.
I already had a job from USA company where I have worked for 15 years and they just transferred me to Canadian Payroll.
I don't go to office, just work from home and my employer/manager doesn't care where I work from.

In December we are planning to go to India and stay for few months (we are Indian citizens, kids are US citizens). If we like it there then we plan to stay for a year or more taking care of some personal matters.
I understand the tax implication and will pay tax in India and Canada.
1. Other than that is there any other issue that we need to be aware of?
2. How long can I work remotely from India while getting paid in Canada?

Please advice.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HI, Me and my family are Canadian PR and moved to Ontario in July 2022.
I already had a job from USA company where I have worked for 15 years and they just transferred me to Canadian Payroll.
I don't go to office, just work from home and my employer/manager doesn't care where I work from.

In December we are planning to go to India and stay for few months (we are Indian citizens, kids are US citizens). If we like it there then we plan to stay for a year or more taking care of some personal matters.
I understand the tax implication and will pay tax in India and Canada.
1. Other than that is there any other issue that we need to be aware of?
2. How long can I work remotely from India while getting paid in Canada?

Please advice.

Thanks
1. Just make sure you have enough days where you are physically living in Canada to meet the residency requirement (i.e. 2 out of every 5 rolling years).
2. That's really up to your employer. From an immigration perspective, you just need to make sure you have enough residency days to keep your PR status.

Reactions: Naturgrl