+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working more than 40 hours

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am having a problem. I was accidentally working 26 hours as Doordash ( like SkipTheDishe) for only 1 week. On 13rd of April to 19th of April, a week before my summer break and that week is also a week before a new rule is enacted. Im so stressful right now, any advice? Thanks,
Being honest about your mistake and don’t do it again. Canada rewards honestly unless it is a serious oversight or something criminal.

Reactions: mpsqra

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I am having a problem. I was accidentally working 26 hours as Doordash ( like SkipTheDishe) for only 1 week. On 13rd of April to 19th of April, a week before my summer break and that week is also a week before a new rule is enacted. Im so stressful right now, any advice? Thanks,
from january to now how many total hours have you worked? it is represent the total of houres in 25/26 weeks

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I wasn‘t working from January.
from the month you started to work to now. then count the weeks
that's all folk
what I meant how many hours have you work from january to now
jan 0
feb ?
mar ?
apr ?
may ?
jun ?
next year, the income/taf is from jan to dec, even is you not worked

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Jan to Mar is 0 hours, but Can I work more than 40hours during summer
yes
Can I work as many hours as I want if I’m eligible to work off-campus?
No. If you’re eligible to work off-campus, you can work up to 20 hours per week while classes are in session. During scheduled breaks, like the summer or winter holidays and spring break, you’re allowed to work more than 20 hours.
You can only start working in Canada when you start your study program. You can’t work before your studies begin. Find out more about who can work off-campus, including part-time students and students on authorized leave.
If you’ve completed your study program, you may be able to work full-time.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=503&top=15

Marc1

May 28, 2020
from january to now how many total hours have you worked? it is represent the total of houres in 25/26 weeks
I got speeding ticket $100, is it considered criminal? I have paid for it online, will it be a trouble for me in the future when I apply for PGWP or PR?

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I got speeding ticket $100, is it considered criminal? I have paid for it online, will it be a trouble for me in the future when I apply for PGWP or PR?
call your car assurance
just pay

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
What do you think about my 26hrs week? It was only one week. Do you think the gov would chase me down for that?
for just one week, nothing, because you have not worked all year long

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hello all,

Please I need advice here. I am an International student and currently on a scheduled break, which means I can work full-time till class resumes. We are to resume on January 7th. My questions: can I still work full-time from today (January 2nd) up to Wednesday, January 6th? Will the hours I work after January 6th still count for more than 20 hours since its still the same week?

please help!

TIA :)

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello all,

Please I need advice here. I am an International student and currently on a scheduled break, which means I can work full-time till class resumes. We are to resume on January 7th. My questions: can I still work full-time from today (January 2nd) up to Wednesday, January 6th? Will the hours I work after January 6th still count for more than 20 hours since its still the same week?

please help!

TIA :)
yes, you can,,,
you can do it for a couple of days,,,

Onyee

Nov 8, 2020
Hi!
As an international student can I work full time during summer if I'm not taking summer classes?