+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working more than 20 hours with DoorDash for only one week as an International Student.

Marc1

May 28, 2020
Hello everyone! I am so devastated recently because in the last week of exam I worked 26 hrs as a Dasher( Doordash), and I only did it once in my entire life, that week is a week before my summer break and that is also a week before a new rule enacted. I don’t know if it is a big deal, please someone help me out.

Last edited:

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
Hello everyone! I am so devastated recently because in the last week of exam I worked 26 hrs as a Dasher( Doordash), and I only did it once in my entire life, that week is a week before my summer break and that is also a week before a new rule enacted. I don’t know if it is a big deal, please someone help me out.
Can they really track the no of hours you work? I dont think so .... people usually get caught red handed n that's when they get deported but otherwise its like getting away n yeah at times plus minus hours can happen

Marc1

May 28, 2020
When I signed up for Doordash, I provided my SIN. That exceeding hours were my mistake only for that week, I dont know if they will be investigating afterward when I apply PGWP

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
When I signed up for Doordash, I provided my SIN. That exceeding hours were my mistake only for that week, I dont know if they will be investigating afterward when I apply PGWP
You'll be fine. Don't do it again.

Reactions: Marc1

Marc1

May 28, 2020
You'll be fine. Don't do it again.
In which case might lead to refusal of PGWP? I have checked it once again and there is also a week that I exceeded 40 minutes as well (20hr + 40 minutes). My first week is 26 hours and my second week is 20hr40m. It is because doordash is self-employed, toggling on and off is challenging and very difficult to measure exactly the time. After that, none of the week is exceeded. Appreciate your reply

Reactions: Ahadch3357

MinTKSY

Oct 26, 2020
Hi I am also a dasher and an international student. Can I know if there are anyways to track the working hour? And how do they count a week. Is it from when the day I start working or Monday- Sunday ? Thanks!

Harroj

Oct 26, 2020
@Marc1 didn't the government suspend the work hours limit for international students because of covid 19? i would assume Doordash will fall under the category of food delivery operations.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/04/removing-barriers-for-international-students-working-in-essential-services-to-fight-covid-19.html
Yeah but till when and what they count active hours or dash time because if they consider dash time than it is wast of time, money and energy because sometimes market or customer orders suddenly reduce or due to more dashers we need to wait for longer time and sometimes app or server errors which are not in our control. And if we just consider dash time that in 20 to 24 hours you can make max upto $250 to 290 this are max estimated till my knowledge and of we see active time which is technically and logically the main and perfect time since we get order till we marcked as completed..... this is the real work we performed within the amount of time we choose to schedule our time. So if they see active time so in 24 hours we can make max upto 360 to 400 per week. This earnings i mentioned is average because my friend on work visa he just move to other province he do Doordash till he finds or get hire in feild job he works 45 hours total dash time and 26 hours active time and he earns 590 that week. So my question is what they actually consider active of deliveries or total dash time? And I am not lying of earnings of my friend he send me screenshot and I also work Doordash and 9ne of the Canadian citizens he works 40 hours of active time and 100 to 120 hours of total dash time per week and earns more than 1000. So its good as money wise. SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT THEY CONSIDER?

Ali_43

Feb 19, 2022
Hi I am also a dasher and an international student. Can I know if there are anyways to track the working hour? And how do they count a week. Is it from when the day I start working or Monday- Sunday ? Thanks!
Hi do get your pgwp and does it cause any issues while getting it i am in kind of your situation