+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working more than 20 hours with DoorDash for only one week as an International Student.

Marc1

May 28, 2020
Hello everyone! I am so devastated recently because in the last week of exam I worked 26 hrs as a Dasher( Doordash), and I only did it once in my entire life, that week is a week before my summer break and that is also a week before a new rule enacted. I don’t know if it is a big deal, please someone help me out.

Last edited:

Yash1995

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
Hello everyone! I am so devastated recently because in the last week of exam I worked 26 hrs as a Dasher( Doordash), and I only did it once in my entire life, that week is a week before my summer break and that is also a week before a new rule enacted. I don’t know if it is a big deal, please someone help me out.
Can they really track the no of hours you work? I dont think so .... people usually get caught red handed n that's when they get deported but otherwise its like getting away n yeah at times plus minus hours can happen

Marc1

May 28, 2020
When I signed up for Doordash, I provided my SIN. That exceeding hours were my mistake only for that week, I dont know if they will be investigating afterward when I apply PGWP

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
When I signed up for Doordash, I provided my SIN. That exceeding hours were my mistake only for that week, I dont know if they will be investigating afterward when I apply PGWP
You'll be fine. Don't do it again.

Reactions: Marc1

Marc1

May 28, 2020
You'll be fine. Don't do it again.
In which case might lead to refusal of PGWP? I have checked it once again and there is also a week that I exceeded 40 minutes as well (20hr + 40 minutes). My first week is 26 hours and my second week is 20hr40m. It is because doordash is self-employed, toggling on and off is challenging and very difficult to measure exactly the time. After that, none of the week is exceeded. Appreciate your reply

Reactions: Ahadch3357