+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in Canada after Landing

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
Have a doubt

I have CoPR and need to land before Dec1. I also have a canadian job offer. So when I land in Canada, how quickly can I start working? I am tranferring within the company and cannot be allowed to skip a day (Leave job on friday in India and join on Monday in Canada). Will it be possible legally? Or I need to do a soft landing before finally moving to Canada?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Have a doubt

I have CoPR and need to land before Dec1. I also have a canadian job offer. So when I land in Canada, how quickly can I start working? I am tranferring within the company and cannot be allowed to skip a day (Leave job on friday in India and join on Monday in Canada). Will it be possible legally? Or I need to do a soft landing before finally moving to Canada?
You can start working the same day you land if you like

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
What Cansha said.

You will also need a SIN, but you can do that by walking in to any Services Canada office with your passport and copy stamped CoPR.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Have a doubt

As answered above you only need to get sin from any of the service Canada locations. There is one at airport and several scattered throughout GTA.

However sin is not the last of your worries, you probably have other things on your plate when shifting country including finding a place to live, opening accounts, figuring your way through a new country, and yes jetlag. I would recommend taking a couple of days to a week off to adjust. A company that is willing to get you relocated would probably understand that as well