+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working holiday visa application rejected. Help!

RJ1990

Oct 3, 2016
United States
Hello,

I'm Japanese citizen studying in New Zealand and my boyfriend is French citizen working in New Zealand with working holiday visa. We applied for working holiday visa in Canada using our current address in New Zealand. We paid the fees and took fingerprints, however only my application got rejected, and not my boyfriend's.
The rejection letter says that "It has been determined that you do not currently reside in Japan" and that's correct. I don't live in Japan at the moment. I don't understand why my boyfriend' application got accepted since he's not residing in France either. My question is, Do I need to live in Japan to apply for working holiday visa? I'm going back to Japan on September 26, so should I just reapply again after that in hopes of getting accepted?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I'm Japanese citizen studying in New Zealand and my boyfriend is French citizen working in New Zealand with working holiday visa. We applied for working holiday visa in Canada using our current address in New Zealand. We paid the fees and took fingerprints, however only my application got rejected, and not my boyfriend's.
The rejection letter says that "It has been determined that you do not currently reside in Japan" and that's correct. I don't live in Japan at the moment. I don't understand why my boyfriend' application got accepted since he's not residing in France either. My question is, Do I need to live in Japan to apply for working holiday visa? I'm going back to Japan on September 26, so should I just reapply again after that in hopes of getting accepted?
As explained above, for Japanese citizens there is a requirement that you be living in Japan at the time you apply. It likely won't be sufficient to reapply as soon as you return to Japan in September. If at all possible, return to Japan and wait 4-6 months before you reapply so that it's clear you've re-established residency there.