+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working for Canadian company but from outside Canada -will the days count towards my PR

Aarathi

Feb 27, 2018
HI,

I am working from London, (due to covid) for a Canadian company and am getting my salary in my Canadian account. I want to know if this will be counted towards the 730 day criteria for maintaining a PR. I am a contract employee so will this affect my case. Do let me know.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Yes
HI,

I am working from London, (due to covid) for a Canadian company and am getting my salary in my Canadian account. I want to know if this will be counted towards the 730 day criteria for maintaining a PR. I am a contract employee so will this affect my case. Do let me know.
You are asking this questions in the wrong forum.

Still, here is your answer:

----- from: https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/legal-policy/procedures/Pages/residency-obligation-outside-canada.aspx#:~:text=These exceptions include:,a Canadian business or organization.

Did you have an acceptable reason for being out of Canada?
If you were outside of Canada for longer than the law allows, it might be for reasons that would fit into one of the exceptions allowed by the law. This may mean that the time you were living outside Canada can be added to the time physically present in Canada to fulfil your residency obligation. These exceptions include:

• Working as a full-time employee assigned outside Canada for a Canadian business or organization.
  • Accompanying a spouse, common-law partner or a parent who is a permanent resident, working as a full-time employee assigned outside Canada for a Canadian business or organization. A child can make this case only if they were a dependent child of the working parent at the time they lived outside Canada.
  • Accompanying a spouse, common-law partner or a parent who is a Canadian citizen. A child can make this case only if they were a dependent child of the Canadian citizen at the time they lived outside Canada.
If one of these exceptions applies to you, you must provide evidence such as witnesses or documents that support the reason you are relying on. In order to confirm that the exception applies to you, we recommend that you read the exact wording of the exception provisions set out in subsection 28(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and in section 61 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.