+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worked while a student

dharini2412

Mar 27, 2018
Hi,
1. I had a drop year during my engineering; and during my drop year I worked full time in a company. (while pursuing my bachelors)

2. I continued working 20 hours with them while I was a student.

3. Later, after my education was completed, i pursued MSc in Cyber Security from UK. I had a placement year in my course which constituted to be my thesis. But again I was working full time during being enrolled on my masters.

I have been paid for my work always.
Will these be considered in work experience?

Thanks and regards
Dharini

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Hi,
1. I had a drop year during my engineering; and during my drop year I worked full time in a company. (while pursuing my bachelors)

2. I continued working 20 hours with them while I was a student.

3. Later, after my education was completed, i pursued MSc in Cyber Security from UK. I had a placement year in my course which constituted to be my thesis. But again I was working full time during being enrolled on my masters.

I have been paid for my work always.
Will these be considered in work experience?

Thanks and regards
Dharini

Hi,
if your work was outside Canada you can use it (with the proper employment letter) as your work experience. On the other hand you would not be able to use it if the work would have been done in Canada under the Study permit.

Last edited:

dharini2412

Mar 27, 2018
Hi,
if your work was outside Canada you can use it (with the proper employment letter) as your work experience. On the other hand you would not be able to use it if the work would have been done in Canada under the Study permit.
Hi,
YES it was outside Canada
Case 1 and 2 in India during my Bachelors (paid)
Case 3 in Austria during my masters (paid)

ggeet

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
I worked as a full time home health therapist right after finishing college. I do have employment letter and reference letter from clinic I worked for, but payments were always made in cash. I did not make a significant income, so never filed for taxes.
Is an employment letter and reference letter from employer enough proof, what else I can use to make my case strong? Thanks!

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
I worked as a full time home health therapist right after finishing college. I do have employment letter and reference letter from clinic I worked for, but payments were always made in cash. I did not make a significant income, so never filed for taxes.
Is an employment letter and reference letter from employer enough proof, what else I can use to make my case strong? Thanks!

Hi,
was your work outside Canada? If so, you can use such experience even without pay stubs. It'll be on the case officer to decide if he's going to dig deeper in that.

Reactions: ggeet