+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

skilled Foreign Work experience (while full time student)

michaelmends

Mar 20, 2016
During my last year in college, I got a full time job and continued working with this company after college for 2 more years. I want to know if I can count the number of years I worked while still a full time student towards my total number of years for skilled foreign work experience. I understand that in Canada the duration of employment while still a full time student does not count. How about outside of Canada?I need this info because it significantly increases my total points to become eligible.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
michaelmends said:
During my last year in college, I got a full time job and continued working with this company after college for 2 more years. I want to know if I can count the number of years I worked while still a full time student towards my total number of years for skilled foreign work experience. I understand that in Canada the duration of employment while still a full time student does not count. How about outside of Canada?I need this info because it significantly increases my total points to become eligible.
Yes, you could claim part-time work experience while studying outside Canada.
All the best,

Reactions: michaelmends