+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work saying they can't provide job offer letter for my PNP application

jenn19

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Hi all,

We applied for our PR last month and got AOR 1 week after sending our application off. Due to it taking 5-6 months to process if we are eligible and our visa expiring late November'14 we will have to give up our jobs and wait patiently for 2+ months. Work have now said they are not sure if they can hold a place as will need to quit when our visa expires and they sometimes stop hiring for few months. They said they can provide a strong worded letter saying they still support our application and will hire me again but it may not be possible to give me a open job offer letter. This is leaving me in a very awkward situation and we are not getting a definitive answer from them until beginning of Nov. Anyone who has any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. We're on our 2nd year IEC and looked at implied status but looks like that could have serious consequences and jeopardise or future in Canada so not wanting to take that route.

Thanks

Jen

Diaboluce

Jul 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydeny, NS
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
jenn19 said:
Hi all,

We applied for our PR last month and got AOR 1 week after sending our application off. Due to it taking 5-6 months to process if we are eligible and our visa expiring late November'14 we will have to give up our jobs and wait patiently for 2+ months. Work have now said they are not sure if they can hold a place as will need to quit when our visa expires and they sometimes stop hiring for few months. They said they can provide a strong worded letter saying they still support our application and will hire me again but it may not be possible to give me a open job offer letter. This is leaving me in a very awkward situation and we are not getting a definitive answer from them until beginning of Nov. Anyone who has any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. We're on our 2nd year IEC and looked at implied status but looks like that could have serious consequences and jeopardise or future in Canada so not wanting to take that route.

Thanks

Jen

Hey Jen,

Have you looked at information about Bridge open work permit? I think you should take a look at it if your application is already submitted and if you have file number :)

jenn19

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Diaboluce said:
Hey Jen,

Have you looked at information about Bridge open work permit? I think you should take a look at it if your application is already submitted and if you have file number :)
Hi there,

It doesn't seem possible unfortunately we had looked into this. We could on the CIC but not this one.

Diaboluce

Jul 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydeny, NS
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
jenn19 said:
Hi there,

It doesn't seem possible unfortunately we had looked into this. We could on the CIC but not this one.
didn't you say you have applied for PR? I thought you were meaning that you have applied for PR at CIC.
So did you just apply for nomination then?

jenn19

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Diaboluce said:
didn't you say you have applied for PR? I thought you were meaning that you have applied for PR at CIC.
So did you just apply for nomination then?
Hi there,

We applied for PR under PNP as my partners work are sponsoring him as a skilled worker. From what we red we can't bridge this. If we'd have known earlier we would of applied under the CEC and bridged it this way.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jenn19 said:
Hi there,

We applied for PR under PNP as my partners work are sponsoring him as a skilled worker. From what we red we can't bridge this. If we'd have known earlier we would of applied under the CEC and bridged it this way.
Hi,

Bridging open work permit also applies to PR applicants under PNP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Bridging work permit: eligibility parameters
To be eligible for a bridging work permit, the following parameters must be met:

the foreign national is currently in Canada;
they have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within four months;
they are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWP, the CEC, the FSTP, or the PNP (see note below);
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their permanent residence application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
they have applied for an open work permit.

Note: Foreign nationals in the PNP are eligible if they have provided a copy of the nomination letter issued by the nominating province or territory with their application and there is no indication that employment restrictions exist as conditions of the nomination.

.../atb

jenn19

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
ragluf said:
Hi,

Bridging open work permit also applies to PR applicants under PNP.

Bridging work permit: eligibility parameters
To be eligible for a bridging work permit, the following parameters must be met:

the foreign national is currently in Canada;
they have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within four months;
they are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWP, the CEC, the FSTP, or the PNP (see note below);
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their permanent residence application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
they have applied for an open work permit.

Note: Foreign nationals in the PNP are eligible if they have provided a copy of the nomination letter issued by the nominating province or territory with their application and there is no indication that employment restrictions exist as conditions of the nomination.

.../atb
Thanks for info. Unfortunately we haven't received the letter of eligibility from the province. We are currently waiting for this which is now taking 8-9 months. We applied in August and our IEC visa expires next month.

shyamDadi

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
07-05-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2015
LANDED..........
28-02-2015
jenn19 said:
Thanks for info. Unfortunately we haven't received the letter of eligibility from the province. We are currently waiting for this which is now taking 8-9 months. We applied in August and our IEC visa expires next month.
Send an email directly to CPC-Ottawa with all your application details and current status. They will offer you an supporting letter, which can be used to apply for WorkPermit. You should apply for an extension online with this letter. Normally they won't send this with PNP package, but you have to request.

Anyway, do not wait until you expire your work permit. If you didn't receive this letter, apply online with a cover letter and proof of your PNP certificate and PR application number. Attached all request made by CIC for your PR (like medical request, CPC request).

Hopefully this will help.

jenn19

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
shyamDadi said:
Send an email directly to CPC-Ottawa with all your application details and current status. They will offer you an supporting letter, which can be used to apply for WorkPermit. You should apply for an extension online with this letter. Normally they won't send this with PNP package, but you have to request.

Anyway, do not wait until you expire your work permit. If you didn't receive this letter, apply online with a cover letter and proof of your PNP certificate and PR application number. Attached all request made by CIC for your PR (like medical request, CPC request).

Hopefully this will help.
Thanks for your feedback. Can we do this for British Columbia as that's where we are. Can you do this if you are on an IEC (International Expreience Canada Visa)?

shyamDadi

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
07-05-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2015
LANDED..........
28-02-2015
jenn19 said:
Thanks for your feedback. Can we do this for British Columbia as that's where we are. Can you do this if you are on an IEC (International Expreience Canada Visa)?
This is not only for BC or ON. Any PNP will provide supporting document for you open work permit. If you visit BC PNP website and FAQs, you will see this (attached bellow). http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Skills-Immigration/How-To-Apply/Skills-Immigration-FAQs.aspx

If you have nominated by BC, you will qualify for this. It doesn't matter whether you hold IEC or Visitor. Only thing they want you are in valid status, and applied for extension before your status expire.

1. What are the advantages of the PNP?

The PNP offers the following benefits:
We assess each application on a case-by-case basis.

If we nominate you, the application you submit to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for a permanent resident visa receives expedited processing.

You can apply to the PNP if you work in any occupation classified as Skill Level 0, A or B by the National Occupational Classification, as well as select entry-level and semi-skilled occupations.
You do not require British Columbia work experience (unless you are applying in the entry-level or semi-skilled worker category).

If you are an international student who has graduated from a Canadian university or public college, you do not require prior work experience. In the international graduate category you can apply to the PNP immediately after you complete your graduation requirements.

PNP staff are available to provide ongoing support after you have been nominated. This includes providing a work permit support letter so you can apply for a temporary work permit without requiring your employer to apply for a Labour Market Opinion.

jenn19

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
shyamDadi said:
This is not only for BC or ON. Any PNP will provide supporting document for you open work permit. If you visit BC PNP website and FAQs, you will see this (attached bellow). http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Skills-Immigration/How-To-Apply/Skills-Immigration-FAQs.aspx

If you have nominated by BC, you will qualify for this. It doesn't matter whether you hold IEC or Visitor. Only thing they want you are in valid status, and applied for extension before your status expire.

1. What are the advantages of the PNP?

The PNP offers the following benefits:
We assess each application on a case-by-case basis.

If we nominate you, the application you submit to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for a permanent resident visa receives expedited processing.

You can apply to the PNP if you work in any occupation classified as Skill Level 0, A or B by the National Occupational Classification, as well as select entry-level and semi-skilled occupations.
You do not require British Columbia work experience (unless you are applying in the entry-level or semi-skilled worker category).

If you are an international student who has graduated from a Canadian university or public college, you do not require prior work experience. In the international graduate category you can apply to the PNP immediately after you complete your graduation requirements.

PNP staff are available to provide ongoing support after you have been nominated. This includes providing a work permit support letter so you can apply for a temporary work permit without requiring your employer to apply for a Labour Market Opinion.
Thanks for your help much appreciated. We had been advised that if we are on a IEC we are unable to get a work permit extension. So not sure if this applies to us.

shyamDadi

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
07-05-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2015
LANDED..........
28-02-2015
jenn19 said:
Thanks for your help much appreciated. We had been advised that if we are on a IEC we are unable to get a work permit extension. So not sure if this applies to us.
ICE is same as our Post-Graduate Work permit (PGWP). So when I had my PGWP, I got approval from PNP and received a letter from them (because I requested it during the process). PGWP cannot be extend, but we can apply for Extend Stay in Canada as a worker using PNP supporting letter. Which won't extend your IES/PGWP, but will give you an open work permit (in my case it is 2 years).

jenn19

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
shyamDadi said:
ICE is same as our Post-Graduate Work permit (PGWP). So when I had my PGWP, I got approval from PNP and received a letter from them (because I requested it during the process). PGWP cannot be extend, but we can apply for Extend Stay in Canada as a worker using PNP supporting letter. Which won't extend your IES/PGWP, but will give you an open work permit (in my case it is 2 years).
Sorry I think we have misunderstood each other. My partner looked into this and we need to be approved from the province first which we are going to be waiting another 6-7 months for.

ananas

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
06-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Interview........
N/A RPRF request: 16-04-2015
So you haven't been nominated by BC yet?

jenn19

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
ananas said:
So you haven't been nominated by BC yet?
Yes we are waiting for nomination from province which is taking longer than anticipated. Visa expires next month and looks like we will be waiting until April-May to hear back with a decision of eligibility from province.