15-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
jenn19 said:
Yes we are waiting for nomination from province which is taking longer than anticipated. Visa expires next month and looks like we will be waiting until April-May to hear back with a decision of eligibility from province.

so you didn't apply to CIC yet and I understand why you couldn't get the BOWP. What I know is you need to have at least nomination to apply BOWP.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jenn19 said:
Thanks for info. Unfortunately we haven't received the letter of eligibility from the province. We are currently waiting for this which is now taking 8-9 months. We applied in August and our IEC visa expires next month.
I see. So currently, you are waiting for the LoE/LoA/Letter of Nomination - you did apply for a letter of support in the application right? Nevertheless that will not remedy your situation right now, which is your IEC will be expiring before the expected date of getting the nomination.

Unless you get an LMIA, you have no other supporting document which you can use to apply for a work permit. You can chance it by applying for a work permit regardless, relying on implied status and the long processing times for WPs to extend your work status a bit, even if it comes back as refused; you may have come across this as an option. However, this in my view, will be a waste of money in fees and is only a temporary fix; it is dependent on getting the results of the nomination as soon as possible, and before they bring back a decision on your WP application. There are risks in this track.

A recourse is to apply to extend your stay as a visitor, which does not allow you to continue to work, but allows you to stay in the country while waiting for results of the PNP nomination application. This should be more viable,

....In any case, whatever you decide on - good luck on the application. I do hope you find a quick fix for this.

.../atb

jenn19

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
ragluf said:
I see. So currently, you are waiting for the LoE/LoA/Letter of Nomination - you did apply for a letter of support in the application right? Nevertheless that will not remedy your situation right now, which is your IEC will be expiring before the expected date of getting the nomination.

Unless you get an LMIA, you have no other supporting document which you can use to apply for a work permit. You can chance it by applying for a work permit regardless, relying on implied status and the long processing times for WPs to extend your work status a bit, even if it comes back as refused; you may have come across this as an option. However, this in my view, will be a waste of money in fees and is only a temporary fix; it is dependent on getting the results of the nomination as soon as possible, and before they bring back a decision on your WP application. There are risks in this track.

A recourse is to apply to extend your stay as a visitor, which does not allow you to continue to work, but allows you to stay in the country while waiting for results of the PNP nomination application. This should be more viable,

....In any case, whatever you decide on - good luck on the application. I do hope you find a quick fix for this.

.../atb
Not sure if we can do the support letter I'm thinking probably not but worth an ask so I have emailed the PNP office asking this.

Yes it looks like we are out of options regarding being able to work. Not wanting to go down the 'implied status' route, as you say there are risks involved.

We plan to leave when our visa expires and wait it out back home. Fingers crossed that they don't increase the time to process the applications anymore as it's gone up by 6 months recently.

Thanks for your feedback it's appreciated :)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jenn19 said:
Not sure if we can do the support letter I'm thinking probably not but worth an ask so I have emailed the PNP office asking this.
I would advise you to get this if you can - a letter of support from a PNP can be used to apply for a work permit in lieu of an LMIA. This should have been requested/indicated in your application forms. If you applied under an employee-driven stream, then a job offer from your employer (you did indicate your employer is willing to hire you back right?), included in the application - should be enough reason to obtain a letter of support. When your letter of eligibility is released, it should come with that letter of support.

With this letter of support, you can then apply for a work permit and potentially shorten the time for you to return to the country (should you decide to wait it out in your home country). The WP and the PR application can be submitted and processed in parallel - each of them are processed independently. Most often, a WP can be issued in lesser time than a PR application, thus allowing you to return to the country as a worker while waiting for the finalization of your PR application.

.../all the best

jenn19

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
ragluf said:
I would advise you to get this if you can - a letter of support from a PNP can be used to apply for a work permit in lieu of an LMIA. This should have been requested/indicated in your application forms. If you applied under an employee-driven stream, then a job offer from your employer (you did indicate your employer is willing to hire you back right?), included in the application - should be enough reason to obtain a letter of support. When your letter of eligibility is released, it should come with that letter of support.

With this letter of support, you can then apply for a work permit and potentially shorten the time for you to return to the country (should you decide to wait it out in your home country). The WP and the PR application can be submitted and processed in parallel - each of them are processed independently. Most often, a WP can be issued in lesser time than a PR application, thus allowing you to return to the country as a worker while waiting for the finalization of your PR application.

.../all the best
Unfortunately PNP responded saying they can not give us the support letter as this is what we get once they decide if we are eligible which we are currently waiting another 6-7 months for :(

Thinking of going to the border and asking them if there's anything we can do as a last ditch attempt before we have to sell up and book a flight home.

This is soooo stressful!