Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting ...
Dear All,

Currently I am writing my job duties and responsibilities in a reference letter, although my job duties 80% matches the NOC code; I was wondering if I should write the job duties in the exact same words like the NOC code description or I should use my own words.

My NOC code is in Engineering and I don't want to confuse the immigration officer with all the technical terms which may lead to a refusal if it was misinterpreted.

Experts advice please.

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
Canadiense85 said:
Dear All,

Currently I am writing my job duties and responsibilities in a reference letter, although my job duties 80% matches the NOC code; I was wondering if I should write the job duties in the exact same words like the NOC code description or I should use my own words.

My NOC code is in Engineering and I don't want to confuse the immigration officer with all the technical terms which may lead to a refusal if it was misinterpreted.

Experts advice please.
If I were you I wouldn't copy the NOC description in the reference letter. There were cases of rejection for similar reasons. I don't know what percentage is good enough to be considered matching but copying the word-for-word is never advisable. I'm no engineer but would agree that putting to many technical jargons in the job description may confuse general readers.