+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work reference letter urgent

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hello all
I m working on H1b visa and applying for Canada PR.i have received my ITA,collecting my documents.
I cannot ask my company or any supervisor or colleague to give me reference letter as it can create problem in my present job.
So I am planning to send my
1.appointment letter
2.deputation letter
3.salary slips
4.letter which my company sent to us is for my H1b extension.it has my roles and responsibilities
5.recemt letter from my company stating I am working with them since last 4 years.
In any of these documents,full time or number of hours is not mentioned..Permanent employee is mentioned.
My question is are dese documents sufficient? My company will not give me any letter which says full time.
Please suggest me what to do?
Thanx in advance

Takentaken421

Aug 30, 2018
You have to have job duties defined on reference letter or signed document by your current supervisor preferably on company letter head. That's a mandatory document. If you can't discuss this with your supervisor, talk to your colleagues or close friend in the same company who can attest your job duties.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Make sure you highlight how all these documents provide the necessary evidence in your letter of explanation.
They want to see that the job is for the duration claimed, full-time, paid and in the same NOC as claimed. All your documents should show this evidence.
Generally they require one single letter to do this, but supporting evidence is evaluated and may be accepted. It is up to their discretion.

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
I dont think you need to tell your Manager. Just ask HR department for verification letter. I usually get this before H1B renewals.
HR will probably ask manager to provide duties. I was in the same situation last year. I eventually did tell my boss and she did not pose any problems

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hello all
I m working on H1b visa and applying for Canada PR.i have received my ITA,collecting my documents.
I cannot ask my company or any supervisor or colleague to give me reference letter as it can create problem in my present job.
So I am planning to send my
1.appointment letter
2.deputation letter
3.salary slips
4.letter which my company sent to us is for my H1b extension.it has my roles and responsibilities
5.recemt letter from my company stating I am working with them since last 4 years.
In any of these documents,full time or number of hours is not mentioned..Permanent employee is mentioned.
My question is are dese documents sufficient? My company will not give me any letter which says full time.
Please suggest me what to do?
Thanx in advance
I had asked HR for a generic letter meant to be used at port of entry. It was addressed for USCIS.
I used this with Paystub, copy of approved PERM application (which had job duties), and a LoE.
In LoE, i had clearly expressed that it was my current and active job and couldn't get the exact letter due to nature of H1B visa and that this might affect raise and bonus.

It worked out fine at the end. Not sure if CIC considered this experience or just ignored as i had enough experience from other jobs and had required letters from those ones. Good luck.