+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit

CATDADDYFAME

Nov 20, 2022
Quick question. Are you all workers of Canada Embassy of Immigration? You have help me gain some important information concerning this Visa thing. I appreciate

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Quick question. Are you all workers of Canada Embassy of Immigration? You have help me gain some important information concerning this Visa thing. I appreciate
What is the Canadian Embassy of Immigration? To work in Canada, you need a job offer with LMIA. The employer pays and applies for the LMIA and proves that no Canadian or PR could be hired, only you. Then with the LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. You show your work experience (job letters), ECAs and IELTS (if necessary) to do the job. Once you have a closed work permit, you can travel to Canada. You can only work for that employer.

CATDADDYFAME

Nov 20, 2022
What is the Canadian Embassy of Immigration? To work in Canada, you need a job offer with LMIA. The employer pays and applies for the LMIA and proves that no Canadian or PR could be hired, only you. Then with the LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. You show your work experience (job letters), ECAs and IELTS (if necessary) to do the job. Once you have a closed work permit, you can travel to Canada. You can only work for that employer.
I understand this information well, which I have not received any job offer letter could it be is my Agent applied for an Open Work Permit. I saw this on the Canadian website
What is an open work permit?
An open work permit is a work permit that is not job-specific. Because it is not job-specific, you will not need the following when you apply for your work permit:
  • a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada, or
  • proof that an employer has submitted an offer of employment through the Employer Portal and paid the employer compliance fee

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I understand this information well, which I have not received any job offer letter could it be is my Agent applied for an Open Work Permit. I saw this on the Canadian website
What is an open work permit?
An open work permit is a work permit that is not job-specific. Because it is not job-specific, you will not need the following when you apply for your work permit:
  • a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada, or
  • proof that an employer has submitted an offer of employment through the Employer Portal and paid the employer compliance fee
You are not eligible for an open work permit. You need a job offer and LMIA. Open work permits are only for specific situations. And now way for 5 years. usually for the length of your spouse’s work or study permit.

You may be eligible for an open work permit if you

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17

mrkssi

Nov 25, 2022
Hi, you got a 5 years work permit, is it an open work permit? There is this new program "International Mobility Program Plus" where you can get an open work permit but it is for people who will move to Quebec. Are you moving to Quebec? How long did you link your account? I did the same thing but I still cannot see my linked application on IRCC secure website.

CATDADDYFAME

Nov 20, 2022
Hi, you got a 5 years work permit, is it an open work permit? There is this new program "International Mobility Program Plus" where you can get an open work permit but it is for people who will move to Quebec. Are you moving to Quebec? How long did you link your account? I did the same thing but I still cannot see my linked application on IRCC secure website.
I went through biometrics somewhere july 2021 and got my work permit in 21/04/2022, it delayed due to the Covid. but these whole program was handled by my Agent, a travel & tour. they have my link account login so I recently like a month now opened an account to link my account using my application number but i cant find my details. I dont know if i was doing the wrong thing.

I have my passport with five years work permit, I dont know what he applied for me. but also can i register under the (International Mobility Program Plus) and get the necessary documents to enter Canada. and how do I get these documents you posted. please help.

Submitted Arrima profile: 25/12/2021
Invitation to apply for CSQ: 14/01/2022
Received CSQ: 21/06/2022
Applied for IMP+ work permit: 25/06/2022
Biometrics: 19/07/2022
Received IMP+ letter: 24/08/2022
Applied for PR: 15/11/2022